Covering a route

Fiveoh

A driver is on vacation and I am a FT driver that wants to cover his route but another FT driver that has a bid route and more seniority wants it also. Who gets to run it?

Rack em

Made the Podium
If he has a bid route then he should deliver his route. If he wanted to bid routes that were open because of vacation then he should have stayed a cover driver.

billerz

You should be one who gets it. The only reason he should come off his bid route is in the case of an emergency, i.e. There is no one that knows a route and they have no one that can train someone that day. But that would still only be for that day, at my center we bid the vacation routes for the week.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A driver is on vacation and I am a FT driver that wants to cover his route but another FT driver that has a bid route and more seniority wants it also. Who gets to run it?
Who ever cries the most in my center.

In reality, if you have more seniority, you should have the right to come off the route and cover it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who ever cries the most in my center.

In reality, if you have more seniority, you should have the right to come off the route and cover it.

Cody did not specify but it sounds like he is a FT cover driver while the other is a FT bid driver. The cover driver should get the route over the bid driver who already has his own route.

UPSER110

If he has a bid route then he should deliver his route. If he wanted to bid routes that were open because of vacation then he should have stayed a cover driver.

Exact reason why I went back to cover this year... bid a route last year that was only in 3 days a week a majority of the year. I couldn't bid to cover vacations b/c I had a bid route.

johnny_hotdog

Depends on past practices at your center. This happens all the time at my center. We had a new center manager come in and didnt like it so he tried to stop it, it went to panel and he lost. Past practices wins out.