Covering for a bid driver

UrFellowUpser

I've been Covering for a bid driver that will be gone for the next few months. I realize as a cover driver how much this driver mean to there community that I've been covering. I have some big shoes to fill and he's a 30 year driver. Everyone that i deliver to ask about him . I cant let him down and leave a bad repetition.

PT Car Washer

I've been Covering for a bid driver that will be gone for the next few months. I realize as a cover driver how much this driver mean to there community that I cover. I have some big shoes to fill. Everyone ask about him and know him by name. I cant let him down and leave a bad repetition.
Then don't go and burn the route up and come in at 4 PM when he normally gets back at 7:00. Don't ask your sup or manager "what does he do all day?".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been Covering for a bid driver that will be gone for the next few months. I realize as a cover driver how much this driver mean to there community that I've been covering. I have some big shoes to fill and he's a 30 year driver. Everyone that i deliver to ask about him . I cant let him down and leave a bad repetition.
Who cares. Just do the job the way you were trained.

Richard Cranium

Work your plan not his. If they don't like your delivery time oh well.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's going to be tough delivering late airs due to late start times, delivering to the same place twice, three times in a single day due to bad loads/ORION, and ringing door bells at 9 o'clock at night, but I think you'll manage.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sling and fling! Who cares about the other driver. Burn it up! See how high you can get the stop count up too!

Last edited:

AlliSeeisBrown

All customers hate cover drivers. Only because you don't do exactly what the bid driver does and it offsets them for 2 minutes out of their luxurious 8 hour day. Don't worry about it. You're gonna get the "Well, so and so always does this or that." Do your best.

There's one route that the bid driver is gone so much that all the customers think I'm the bid driver and he's the cover. When he comes back around they always ask where I am haha.