Covid-19 & 9.5

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’ve been getting a lot of “thank you” from random people and customers. It’s weird. It feels very veteran-like. It definitely beats being treated as the “help”, pre-covid19.
Once this is all over you will go back to being under appreciated and so will the truck drivers, fast food workers, grocery store workers, etc.

Over70irregs

Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.
File

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Here is what I believe, I think all the old timers should work as many hours as possible while this is going on. Even volunteer on Saturday. So maybe all the runners/ lunch skippers start to realize exactly what they are doing when they run and skip lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Too bad it won't affect amazon one bit. They will fight a wrongful termination lawsuit until the lawyer fees get to be too much for the worker. Or they will make a side deal with the guy paying him off which won't mean anything to amazon who has billions, and the workers will see the guy still "fired" putting fear in them not to walk in his foot steps and try and stand up for themselves :/
That can’t be. $100 means a lot to amazon.

Scuderia

I’ve been getting a lot of “thank you” from random people and customers. It’s weird. It feels very veteran-like. It definitely beats being treated as the “help”, pre-covid19.

bring treated as help by $15 an hour non-essentials lol

sorry, but I just think about all the cocky ppl who treated my like crap who are out of a job now.

Dr.Brownz

Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.
UPS MADE A LEGALLY BINDING DEAL

wht1zzfe

I heard all drivers are 9.5 unless we opt out is that correct? I've been filling in for a satellite driver that normally goes out with 70-80 stops way out in the country. I'm getting 100+ routinely. It's kind of okay when I leave from the building but it is still 2 hours of driving to/from the area then averages out around 10 stops per hour on route. If I have to head out there and wait for the trailer and load the car I'm so :censored2:ed. Had a day last week I got back home after midnight.

El Correcto

god is dead
He's absolutely fantastic. He defends everything about our building. He used to be a driver not even a decade ago, so he knows what the drivers go through. He doesn't give a flip about telematics, except for seatbelt infractions and recording in travel. The rest of it doesn't matter at all. He doesn't care if you're doing 25 stops an hour or 12 an hour as long as you're doing it safely and everything gets delivered.

He also harps a lot on the preload because they're incompetent.
Sounds like he is earning a demotion soon.

GenericUsername

Sounds like he is earning a demotion soon.

He was demoted a few years ago, then promoted back to his original position because he's the right guy for our building. Most of the guys respect him. There's a few who don't like anyone whatsoever and could care less who is in charge.