Covid-19 and HOS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’s ok, I’m sure UPS will go to large pickups, like beeping your horn and shouting

“Bring out your dead!!”
What dead? This flu strain has to pick up the pace to even come close to the regular flu.

Imagine if every regular flu infections were covered like this?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What dead? This flu strain has to pick up the pace to even come close to the regular flu.

Imagine if every regular flu infections were covered like this?
Just read an article last night that said the real number of cases are likely 10x what it being reported. Which would put the death rate at .3% instead of 3%.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just read an article last night that said the real number of cases are likely 10x what it being reported. Which would put the death rate at .3% instead of 3%.
If people thought it was a mild flu for most this whole attempt to scare wouldn't work.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
A06905AE-6813-4812-8620-62C425318FB4.gif
If people thought it was a mild flu for most this whole attempt to scare wouldn't work.

WTFm8

Just make sure you have your wife call in case you do die to let The Center know, to avoid the super awkward “why isn’t the 10f board taken out of th.....oh” moment.

Getting a Notice of Termination letter in the mail day after the funeral for no-call-no-show would be awkward.

yadadamean116

I'm sure we all heard about the lifting of the hours of service(HOS) laws. If not...
View attachment 286831

With it now offical that UPS is a essential function and, exempt from shelter-in-place and lockdowns. Will we be forced to work over 60 or even 70 hours?

I looked at our contract about the 70 hour language. Does this fall under a act of god or a service disrupting emergency?
View attachment 286833

I'd like to hear some thoughts. Because what is the definition of a service disruptions in UPS's eyes? Does just a in flux of volume count as a service disruption?

Also does lifting the DOT hours of service mean I can not file for 9.5? I don't recall seeing anywhere in our contract about not being able to file because of emergencies.
When it comes to national emergency our contract goes on the back burner