Covid-19 and HOS

542thruNthru

I'm sure we all heard about the lifting of the hours of service(HOS) laws. If not...
sketch-1584421184018.jpg

With it now offical that UPS is a essential function and, exempt from shelter-in-place and lockdowns. Will we be forced to work over 60 or even 70 hours?

I looked at our contract about the 70 hour language. Does this fall under a act of god or a service disrupting emergency?
sketch-1584421055151.jpg

I'd like to hear some thoughts. Because what is the definition of a service disruptions in UPS's eyes? Does just a in flux of volume count as a service disruption?

Also does lifting the DOT hours of service mean I can not file for 9.5? I don't recall seeing anywhere in our contract about not being able to file because of emergencies.

The Driver

I drive.
I'm prepared to do what I'm able to do to help for the nation to keep the fallout from this outbreak to a minimum so we can get back to normal life. If that means working extra I will do my best.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Have some of the package car guys work second shift. Lol, you drive in at 7pm, then the next driver finishes the next 150 stops!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm prepared to do what I'm able to do to help for the nation to keep the fallout from this outbreak to a minimum so we can get back to normal life. If that means working extra I will do my best.
Screw that, every man for themselves. They can go to the store.

vvv

Have fun with that......I'll take a neutral corner.

I'm sure we all heard about the lifting of the hours of service(HOS) laws. If not...
View attachment 286831

With it now offical that UPS is a essential function and, exempt from shelter-in-place and lockdowns. Will we be forced to work over 60 or even 70 hours?

I looked at our contract about the 70 hour language. Does this fall under a act of god or a service disrupting emergency?
View attachment 286833

I'd like to hear some thoughts. Because what is the definition of a service disruptions in UPS's eyes? Does just a in flux of volume count as a service disruption?

Also does lifting the DOT hours of service mean I can not file for 9.5? I don't recall seeing anywhere in our contract about not being able to file because of emergencies.
They will force everyone to work as many as the company needs, then by the time the grievances gets heard the crisis will be over.

GenericUsername

Have some of the package car guys work second shift. Lol, you drive in at 7pm, then the next driver finishes the next 150 stops!

I'm down. I'll deliver 150 stops after 7 PM. 10 stops an hour after 8 PM for safety, baby! That driver would see me rolling in when he's walking in to work. That SOB can load the car and deliver the beginning of the day for me again and again. I'd be nothing but sunshine and smiles if I didn't have to deal with general public, traffic, or business stops at all.