Covid intergrad

abelcain

So I went into this knowing it was essentially a loophole for more temporary drivers since UPS was blocked from getting PVDs during the outbreak.

Even with that being the case though I’m kind of shocked at the total lack of training new hires are getting in intergrad right now. Instead of the 5-6 days of training and driving, we had 2 days of watching videos, one day of solo studying the 5s and 10s, then we drove the truck in one 100 foot circle in the parking lot before backing it into a parking space one time.

Now we’re all starting our routes tomorrow. Luckily I have experience driving the trucks from a different job, and I know the diad from being a PVD. But assuming most people don’t, I feel like that’s kind of crazy, right?

So I went into this knowing it was essentially a loophole for more temporary drivers since UPS was blocked from getting PVDs during the outbreak.

Even with that being the case though I’m kind of shocked at the total lack of training new hires are getting in intergrad right now. Instead of the 5-6 days of training and driving, we had 2 days of watching videos, one day of solo studying the 5s and 10s, then we drove the truck in one 100 foot circle in the parking lot before backing it into a parking space one time.

Now we’re all starting our routes tomorrow. Luckily I have experience driving the trucks from a different job, and I know the diad from being a PVD. But assuming most people don’t, I feel like that’s kind of crazy, right?
Good luck

Rack em

Made the Podium
Good luck
Just stop

Some places are allowed to use PVDs. The western region allowed Ups to use part time employees as PVDs.

Nah

Sounds like a joke to me. They shouldn't even call it "Integrad."

Poop Head

Judge me.

Can you drive an automatic?

@11.19igrad cant

Rack em

Made the Podium
A waste of time to send people but they probably don't have enough supervisors who know enough to train new drivers.
Drivers should train drivers. Supervisors are a waste of time.

Put a new driver on with a veteran driver for a week and they will get more knowledge than a month at intergrad.

Put a new driver on with a veteran driver for a week and they will get more knowledge than a month at intergrad.
We used to do that here, I was a driver trainer a long time ago. Then they scrap that program because they didn't want to pay us an extra $0.50 an hour

Dough99

You learn what you need to know out in the real world

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

100% correct.

I was one of the drivers in my former center who actually used their helpers efficiently. I would spend the time to teach them the DIAD to the point where within the first week or so they were able to deliver a multiple office medical complex, including putting in suite numbers, all on their own. I was able to get three of them hired on after Peak and one of them is still driving today.

My former center emphasized the mentor program and while we didn't go on road with the newbie we would meet with them every morning and go over any concerns that they may have.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sounds similar to the training I got without integrad.