Covid intergrad

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to do this job. Use common sense when it comes to safety and you’ll be fine.

11.19igrad

Use the handbrake, it's very important and even more importantly make sure it's tight
please ask someone to show you how its tightened. and an example of curbed wheels, especially on a hill. don't wait for center mgrs, ask other drivers. when you see a hill, snap out of it and remember your special hill process. double-check gear shift, hand brake, test make sure truck is still, then make delivery.

11.19igrad

So I went into this knowing it was essentially a loophole for more temporary drivers since UPS was blocked from getting PVDs during the outbreak.

Even with that being the case though I’m kind of shocked at the total lack of training new hires are getting in intergrad right now. Instead of the 5-6 days of training and driving, we had 2 days of watching videos, one day of solo studying the 5s and 10s, then we drove the truck in one 100 foot circle in the parking lot before backing it into a parking space one time.

Now we’re all starting our routes tomorrow. Luckily I have experience driving the trucks from a different job, and I know the diad from being a PVD. But assuming most people don’t, I feel like that’s kind of crazy, right?
feel free to hit me up for any advice. I've had a rough, unlucky start, I think success or failure hinges on personal responsibility but also how invested center mgrs are in developing good safe drivers. in my center, they aren't in the least bit. happy to help if I can.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I went into this knowing it was essentially a loophole for more temporary drivers since UPS was blocked from getting PVDs during the outbreak.

Even with that being the case though I’m kind of shocked at the total lack of training new hires are getting in intergrad right now. Instead of the 5-6 days of training and driving, we had 2 days of watching videos, one day of solo studying the 5s and 10s, then we drove the truck in one 100 foot circle in the parking lot before backing it into a parking space one time.

Now we’re all starting our routes tomorrow. Luckily I have experience driving the trucks from a different job, and I know the diad from being a PVD. But assuming most people don’t, I feel like that’s kind of crazy, right?
Back in the day it was 3 days with a sup then on your own. Start delivering.

Seymour Packages

Will you have a job after all this COVID volume dies down or are you seasonal?

clean hairy

feel free to hit me up for any advice. I've had a rough, unlucky start, I think success or failure hinges on personal responsibility but also how invested center mgrs are in developing good safe drivers. in my center, they aren't in the least bit. happy to help if I can.
Translated:
"Ask me for advice, and you can lose your job just like me!!"

True! I mean rod and all the others of his generation seemed to be able to do the job right without having a diad and lots of these newfangled distractions.
Common sense back then seemed the easiest way to do the job.
When I started when didn't have a DIAD or a key fob nor did we have pal label's on our packages. You just worked hard and kept your package car organized..

one of the biggest problems that I have noticed lately with this job is they are trying to take all the thinking out of it.
So when something out of the ordinary happens a lot of the new drivers do not know what to do.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Sounds like a joke to me. They shouldn't even call it "Integrad."
Makes perfect sense.

As soon as you "inter" you "grad".
ShabbyBlissfulAfricangoldencat-size_restricted.gif