Covid pay for helpers?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Does anyone know if helpers get Covid pay? Theoretically a helper could have two weeks of work left at this point, as they sometimes work into mid January. But does the Covid pay include seasonal employees? We have not been tested yet but we were in close contact with another driver who has it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Does anyone know if helpers get Covid pay? Theoretically a helper could have two weeks of work left at this point, as they sometimes work into mid January. But does the Covid pay include seasonal employees? We have not been tested yet but we were in close contact with another driver who has it.

Lol
Good luck trying to collect
You obviously don’t know who you’re dealing with

reginald95

Nah but you can personally sue the driver if you can prove he gave you covid and you contracted it and lost wages and get punitive damages.

542thruNthru

You're a employee with a employee ID #. So yes tell them you have covid and need to quarantine. Be prepared to show proof.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
52E75C88-CEBB-42D2-8773-3FF52641B47B.gif

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Problem is it takes so long to get paid.by that time you won't be employed

That’s what I am afraid of. We may not have it anyway but I would like to know if I should be isolating especially from vulnerable friends and relatives. It would be pretty tragic to infect somebody with it so close to the vaccine coming out. Plus I wouldn’t mind the two weeks off honestly. But if I get tested it only makes sense for the helper to get tested too. The guy doesn’t have two dimes to rub together so if he ends up in a situation where UPS doesn’t need him and he also can’t start work at his fallback job it won’t be good. I was trying to get some info on it before I get tested so I can inform him of the situation and see if he wants to go with me or not. Management either doesn’t know, or won’t say. Haven’t had a chance to talk to HR yet.

Maybe he can start a gofundme.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
They've been using the "lied to, ft combination drivers, huddled in the corner praying to be worked" as helpers.

We haven't had "helpers" in a while.

I've said it before...

I'll say it again...

Personnel should be throat punched for leading those people on.

clipperman

Nah but you can personally sue the driver if you can prove he gave you covid and you contracted it and lost wages and get punitive damages.
How would this work? With all the information out there now about all the different places and ways you can contract the virus how on earth could you prove you got it from one specific person?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
They've been using the "lied to, ft combination drivers, huddled in the corner praying to be worked" as helpers.

We haven't had "helpers" in a while.

I've said it before...

I'll say it again...

Personnel should be throat punched for leading those people on.

Here the “combination” drivers are working 55-60 hours a week.