Covid, Peak, And Driver's Helpers?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone know if the Teamster leadership has made any statements in regards to helpers in the trucks this peak?

Without helpers, the company will need lots of extra drivers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Since they think it is still 6 months out, they'll have it figured out by then.
If I were the union, I would send the company a cya letter, stating this peak, due to covid, helpers might not be available, and to plan according.

Maybe they have already?

upschuck

If I were the union, I would send the company a cya letter, stating this peak, due to covid, helpers might not be available, and to plan according.

Maybe they have already?
I would hope they would know the perspective employee pool situation. That is why we still have an HR dept.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My guess is the union doesn't care, the company has zero plan, and the drivers will be put at risk.
We’ve been told by district management that any driver that doesn’t want a helper won’t be forced to take one. How they handle that volume has yet to be addressed, more PVds seems to be the answer.

542thruNthru

As of right now we have a LOA that says there can be no helpers on the cars. I'm sure once peak comes UPS is going to back out of that agreement because they are only agreeing to it now because it allows them to use PVDs. Come peak they won't need the agreement for that.

rod

Retired 22 years
As of right now we have a LOA that says there can be no helpers on the cars. I'm sure once peak comes UPS is going to back out of that agreement because they are only agreeing to it now because it allows them to use PVDs. Come peak they won't need the agreement for that.
You are SO Negitive

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It’ll be fine till he coughs in my direction once and I kick their ass out the moving truck. Or making him sit in the back and hold all the packages up and sort them