COVID quarantine question

Spooky1

my husband is driver in colorado. he has been told he needs to quarantine for an upcoming medical procedure. will UPS pay for this leave of absence? Does anyone have experience with this?

542thruNthru

If required by a doctor yes you will be paid. It's a one time deal though. So if he or you get covid later. He will not be paid.

Also don't expect the check for a while.

Nah
I thought if a doctor required it, they'll pay too, if I remember correctly.

They'll even pay you if you're forced to quarantine due to "exposure" to another employee who tested positive. Tried to do that to me. I told them not to bother since I was on vacation anyway.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
my husband is driver in colorado. he has been told he needs to quarantine for an upcoming medical procedure. will UPS pay for this leave of absence? Does anyone have experience with this?
Quarantine for how long? Normally, to our experience, before a procedure where they are administering oral (upper respiratory) anesthesia it's 48 hours. If they put you out using spinal anesthesia there is no quarantine time period prior to the surgery. Quarantining on Sat and Sun normally works but it's up to the physician and facility being used following their mandated guidelines from what we've seen. Everything is subject to change with "the science".

542thruNthru

That is garbage. If you delayed your vacations to cover covid quarantining when would you expect compensated for the week(s) off when used??
That's a very good point. We have no one that has done that though with vacation.

I will say and yes, I know I sound like a company suck up but using vacation to cover being off for covid is easy because it's a center thing. ELP is a national thing.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That's a very good point. We have no one that has done that though with vacation.

I will say and yes, I know I sound like a company suck up but using vacation to cover being off for covid is easy because it's a center thing. ELP is a national thing.
Maybe about 20,000 drivers can use a paid covid vacation on Dec 10th thru the 24th.