"COVID talks" attendance issues.

Skooney

Beginning of March to Mid April or so our building if you called in was doing "COVID" talks where they were choosing to talk to people, but not doing progressive discipline for call ins. They basically ignored the process at that time.

I have a member that called in Sept 15th, after a couple call ins during the COVID talks, and his last discipline was more than 9 months ago. We went into the meeting and they were using the instances he called in back in that month and a half period, calling those occurrences and using that to now put him into progressive discipline.

Not really sure where to go with this, it seems like a poor practice. The member was just written up, no letter. But this was the first attendance meeting I represented in a while as I am feeders, and no one else was available, I just happened to be at the building.

Up In Smoke

I would turn in an information request. I would ask for attendance records across all shifts and discipline action taken. Putting management to work usually shuts them up. If they do come up with your info and it's justified, then the member needs to keep call ins in check.

M

MenInBrown

Beginning of March to Mid April or so our building if you called in was doing "COVID" talks where they were choosing to talk to people, but not doing progressive discipline for call ins. They basically ignored the process at that time.

I have a member that called in Sept 15th, after a couple call ins during the COVID talks, and his last discipline was more than 9 months ago. We went into the meeting and they were using the instances he called in back in that month and a half period, calling those occurrences and using that to now put him into progressive discipline.

Not really sure where to go with this, it seems like a poor practice. The member was just written up, no letter. But this was the first attendance meeting I represented in a while as I am feeders, and no one else was available, I just happened to be at the building.
Contact OSHA. We were told if you don’t feel good do not come to work.

wilberforce15

In this environment, "I sniffled that morning" is an ironclad excuse to call in for two weeks.

wilberforce15

I would turn in an information request. I would ask for attendance records across all shifts and discipline action taken. Putting management to work usually shuts them up. If they do come up with your info and it's justified, then the member needs to keep call ins in check.

In check?

Ask the company if they want to be on the record telling someonewith the sniffles to come to work.

Skooney

Contact OSHA. We were told if you don’t feel good do not come to work.

We were told the same.

It just feels wrong they can do this. Choosing not to discipline someone, and then being able to use it 6 months later to enforce the attendance policy seems sketchy.