Covid19, what if...

fatboy33

What is the companies plan if, say, 2 employees test positive? Will they close the station for a period of time for deep cleaning and divert that freight to another station? Or will they just have the 2 employees stay away for 14 days and let the station remain open and let the contacted employees work on? Just curious.

bacha29

What is the companies plan if, say, 2 employees test positive? Will they close the station for a period of time for deep cleaning and divert that freight to another station? Or will they just have the 2 employees stay away for 14 days and let the station remain open and let the contacted employees work on? Just curious.
Let me put it to you this way. When it comes to combating COVID-19 the only doctors fedex employs are spin doctors.

Whats in the Box

My station had a case where the employee decided to go to a antibody tracing testing location on their own time and money and found out was asymptomatically positive. Because, the employee was "C19 positive", Senior put the employee on a mandatory 14 self-quarantine and must be tested again until negative.
Will the employee get a positive result again if tested again after the 14 days?

HedleyLamarr

I was told there is a station in my state, Alabama, where several employees tested positive. A number of other couriers were refusing to come in for safety reasons. Managers from other stations have been driving there to do deliveries since that station is so shorthanded right now. That station is really the only one in that section of the state, so it really isn't feasible for freight to be diverted.

I am generally the last person to find out anything at my station; just do my job and mind my own business, but it seemed odd that we basically had no morning managers several days in a row, so I asked and was told they had to do deliveries at this other station.

dezguy

3rd option
sweep it under the rug and hope nobody finds out
This!

A ramp near my sta had an outbreak and management at our sta did everything they could to keep a wrap on it. CTV guys kept coming in, telling people about the outbreak at the ramp and management would deny hearing anything about it but then go to the CTV guys and tell them not to talk to anyone.

It will be fine

We have positive cases all the time at our terminal. The people that test positive stay home for a few weeks. Cleaning the station doesn’t do much since we now know surface contact isn’t the main mode of transmission. They don’t even inform everyone of the cases, it’s just expected at this point.

MAKAVELI

We have positive cases all the time at our terminal. The people that test positive stay home for a few weeks. Cleaning the station doesn’t do much since we now know surface contact isn’t the main mode of transmission. They don’t even inform everyone of the cases, it’s just expected at this point.
Not informing employees of positive cases can be a liability. Many employees have underlying health conditions and/or family with underlying health conditions.

It will be fine

Not informing employees of positive cases can be a liability. Many employees have underlying health conditions and/or family with underlying health conditions.
Not really. Someone would have to prove they got it at work. That’s impossible at this point. If someone has an underlying health condition and goes to work inside at a location with hundreds of people that’s on them. The virus is in no way contained. It’s everywhere.

ManInBrown

I don’t know if you know this but multiple employees died at the Newark airport station from Covid. Did they close? I’m honestly not sure, but there is your answer if you can find out.

MAKAVELI

Not really. Someone would have to prove they got it at work. That’s impossible at this point. If someone has an underlying health condition and goes to work inside at a location with hundreds of people that’s on them. The virus is in no way contained. It’s everywhere.
Bro, I know you think you know what you are talking about. But clearly you don't. Not following CDC guidelines is a liability.

It will be fine

Bro, I know you think you know what you are talking about. But clearly you don't. Not following CDC guidelines is a liability.
Bruh, I’m telling you what is currently happening at the terminal I work out of. What type of liability do you think FedEx is assuming by not informing everyone that works there how many current cases they have?

AB831

I was told there is a station in my state, Alabama, where several employees tested positive. A number of other couriers were refusing to come in for safety reasons. Managers from other stations have been driving there to do deliveries since that station is so shorthanded right now. That station is really the only one in that section of the state, so it really isn't feasible for freight to be diverted.

I am generally the last person to find out anything at my station; just do my job and mind my own business, but it seemed odd that we basically had no morning managers several days in a row, so I asked and was told they had to do deliveries at this other station.
I bet your station probably ran better without them.

MAKAVELI

Bruh, I’m telling you what is currently happening at the terminal I work out of. What type of liability do you think FedEx is assuming by not informing everyone that works there how many current cases they have?
What part of the CDC guidelines don't you understand? It is a liability for potential lawsuits and whistleblower complaints for a company not to follow those guidelines.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
ya. ask BC members. we run the show.

FedexGirl

This!

A ramp near my sta had an outbreak and management at our sta did everything they could to keep a wrap on it. CTV guys kept coming in, telling people about the outbreak at the ramp and management would deny hearing anything about it but then go to the CTV guys and tell them not to talk to anyone.
This sounds so typical

AB831

Expected by whom? You? That’s completely against the way local health departments are ordering this to be handled.