Cowboys for Trump co-founder barred from holding office

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In todays episode of Friend Around and Find Out we have Cuoy Griffin: A New Mexico judge removed Cuoy Griffin as commissioner of Otero County, citing the 14th Amendment’s clause barring officials who've engaged “in insurrection or rebellion” from holding public office.

2020 ELECTION

Cowboys for Trump co-founder barred from public office over Jan. 6​

A New Mexico judge removed Cuoy Griffin as commissioner of Otero County, citing the 14th Amendment’s clause barring officials who've engaged “in insurrection or rebellion” from holding public office.
Couy Griffin, an Otero County commissioner and cofounder of Cowboys for Trump, appears in 1st Judicial District Court on Aug. 15, 2022, in Santa Fe, N.M.

Couy Griffin, an Otero County commissioner and co-founder of Cowboys for Trump, appears in 1st Judicial District Court in Santa Fe, N.M., on Aug. 15.Matt Dahlseid / Santa Fe New Mexican via AP file

Link copied
  • SAVECreate your free profile or log in to save this article
Sept. 6, 2022, 1:21 PM EDT
By Summer Concepcion
A New Mexico judge ordered the co-founder of Cowboys for Trump removed from public office Tuesday over his presence at the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot.
State District Judge Francis Mathew removed Otero County Commissioner Cuoy Griffin from his elected position "effective immediately" and banned him from seeking further public office, citing the 14th Amendment's clause barring those who have taken oaths to uphold the Constitution from holding federal or state office if they have engaged “in insurrection or rebellion."

“Due to his disqualification under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment, defendant is constitutionally ineligible and barred for life from serving as a ‘Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President,' or from ‘hold[ing] any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State,’ including his current office as an Otero County Commissioner,” Mathew wrote.
Griffin, who has espoused false claims of mass voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election, was convicted in federal court this year of a misdemeanor for entering the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6, 2021, without going inside. Griffin was sentenced to 14 days and given credit for time served.

fishtm2001

I bet McConnell is.
The writing is on the wall for pieces of crap like him.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
And if DeSantis should be the '24 nominee will his supporters be in a cult? Where does this end?
It's going to be interesting watching the MAGA Cult try and destroy Desantis. I gleefully await the implosion of the GOP in the next Presidential race

vantexan

It's going to be interesting watching the MAGA Cult try and destroy Desantis. I gleefully await the implosion of the GOP in the next Presidential race
You have no idea how supportive Trump supporters are of DeSantis. We want a president who will govern wisely. If not Trump then DeSantis. If not DeSantis then Trump. Or 4 or 5 other Republicans who would do a great job. We have a deep bench.

You have no idea how supportive Trump supporters are of DeSantis. We want a president who will govern wisely. If not Trump then DeSantis. If not DeSantis then Trump. Or 4 or 5 other Republicans who would do a great job. We have a deep bench.
I think people want DeSantis more than Trump. Could be wrong.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The Cult won't settle for anyone but Cult Leader ,dont kid yourself.
It's just a matter of time before MAGA Cult members start heckling De Santis and do their best to undermine him

vantexan

The Cult won't settle for anyone but Cult Leader ,dont kid yourself.
It's just a matter of time before MAGA Cult members start heckling De Santis and do their best to undermine him
You mean you hope that's the case. Whoever gets the nomination unless they're a Mitt Romney RINO they are going to be supported.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I hope you have enough testosterone to come back after you libs lose your virginity in the next election. You're bout to get raped food tube.

vantexan

I think people want DeSantis more than Trump. Could be wrong.
You might be right. I think Trump's supporters love his policies but a lot of them are tired of the polarization and constant attacks by Dems. But make no mistake after DeSantis sent those Venezuelans to Martha's Vineyard the Dems will be coming at him with knives out. They already hated him for opening Florida up during the pandemic.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
You might be right. I think Trump's supporters love his policies but a lot of them are tired of the polarization and constant attacks by Dems. But make no mistake after DeSantis sent those Venezuelans to Martha's Vineyard the Dems will be coming at him with knives out. They already hated him for opening Florida up during the pandemic.
That was an awesome move and perfectly in the trump wheelhouse. Send them to New England and take dramamine because the spin cycle will be hitting 11+.