Coworker lying about the time he worked

My coworker constantly lies about the time he has actually worked. He'll write in a few extra minutes when he hasn't. He'll also do other things like wait for the supervisor to leave the area before swiping out.

I haven't notified my supervisor about it. Should I?

542thruNthru

This might not be a popular opinion but I always felt...

You don't mess with another man's money.

It's not your job to catch him. You're not a detective, you're not a supe. Mind your business and do your job. Trust me he will be caught soon enough. PT supes love to gossip. Everyone in the building will know you were the rat before the week is up. Also after you rat he still might not lose his job and I'm sure he will hold a grudge.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This might not be a popular opinion but I always felt...

You don't mess with another man's money.

It's not your job to catch him. You're not a detective, you're not a supe. Mind your business and do your job. Trust me he will be caught soon enough. PT supes love to gossip. Everyone in the building will know you were the rat before the week is up. Also after you rat he still might not lose his job and I'm sure he will hold a grudge.
What he said.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My coworker constantly lies about the time he has actually worked. He'll write in a few extra minutes when he hasn't. He'll also do other things like wait for the supervisor to leave the area before swiping out.

Why don't you confront the person doing it, instead of a supervisor?

watdaflock?

Why is your coworkers actions such a concern to you?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
IMO, the only time you should tell what you know is if it's going to effect you and your money or if they are a danger to those around them. The rest of the time, it ain't my business.
image.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Worry more about management shaving time from hourly employees. They do it all the time!

barnyard

KTM rider
It's not your job to catch him. You're not a detective, you're not a supe. Mind your business and do your job.

That is the heart of it right there. When he/she is caught, it will be for theft, he/she will be fired and will not get his/her job back. Do not even say anything to the offender or you may be accused of telling the supes about it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
He'll get caught eventually.

Don't rat him out though. Whether or not it's the right thing to do it doesn't matter. You're gonna get tagged as "that guy" by your coworkers.