Coworkers..

john chesney

Had a coworker have another employee ask a question about sups working. Guy told him he didnt really care but it has caused him to cut the belt to break a jam, which the guy turned on him to the sup who came down and literally did everything but fired him now he's worried they might still fire him. Aren't coworkers great!
No wonder you guys can’t get the :censored2: in the right cars. What do you mean cut the belt? Does that mean turned it off or cut the damn belt in half wtf.

john chesney

Who cares...

He can be the biggest hot head that he wants. This is a job and we have rules. Let him get angry. Smile and keep working. He threatens you, file a harassment grievance.

Stop worrying. You're giving your sup and manager to much power over you guys.
View attachment 200208
This book is more powerful then your sup/manager.
If seen people read those contract books and tell me what it says. I ask were did you read that at and they never can find it. You have to be able to at least read and understand the language

Days

It's what the sups do in my building too. They talk mad :censored2: about anyone that is willing to file grievances. It's like being in middle school again " that guy just filed a grievance and I was just moving boxes". "Omg he's annoying."

Daf

Had a coworker have another employee ask a question about sups working. Guy told him he didnt really care but it has caused him to cut the belt to break a jam, which the guy turned on him to the sup who came down and literally did everything but fired him now he's worried they might still fire him. Aren't coworkers great!
1 grievance for supervisors working. Another for harassment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Basically two union employees having a conversation about supervisors working and one twisted the others story to a point where it sounded like a slowdown which is a fireable offense but wasn't true and the manager of the hub hollered and cussed him threatening to fire the said employee.
Slash the tateltells tires.

TheFigurehead

now he's worried they might still fire him.

That's his problem, right there. Know the rules, fully exercise your rights, and make clear you aren't putting up with their bull$#!+. Supervisors are trained to be "bullies" (for lack of a better term). They will seek out and attempt to exploit any weakness they sense in you. He should go in, do his job at a safe pace, according to the methods, and stop worrying about it. Once they know they can't get anywhere with you, they will find a new target.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup

Wait. I think I understand now.

The supervisor cut off the belt to break a jam, and your coworker turned on the belt while the supervisor was still on it, so he came down and yelled at the guy which made him mad at the Sup for breaking a jam?

First and foremost: IF YOU DID NOT TURN OFF THE BELT, YOU DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON! Period. ESPECIALLY if you KNOW someone is on the belt! Your coworker could have seriously injured or killed your supervisor and he deserves all of the discipline that comes his way for going against company policy like that. It's even part of the methods you guys signed and are supposed to memorize so things like this are preventable.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Basically two union employees having a conversation about supervisors working and one twisted the others story to a point where it sounded like a slowdown which is a fireable offense but wasn't true and the manager of the hub hollered and cussed him threatening to fire the said employee.

Wait.
What did I just read on the original post.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Wait. I think I understand now.

The supervisor cut off the belt to break a jam, and your coworker turned on the belt while the supervisor was still on it, so he came down and yelled at the guy which made him mad at the Sup for breaking a jam?

First and foremost: IF YOU DID NOT TURN OFF THE BELT, YOU DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON! Period. ESPECIALLY if you KNOW someone is on the belt! Your coworker could have seriously injured or killed your supervisor and he deserves all of the discipline that comes his way for going against company policy like that. It's even part of the methods you guys signed and are supposed to memorize so things like this are preventable.
Im guessinng the supe didnt even secure the belt using the methods