CPC saves the day

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So while I am eating brunch before I go on route, I noticed one of my resis was a possible DEX 02 (bad address)

I can't contact the customer directly since the phone# on the label was 999-999-9999

Soo, "Alt-T mode on the powerpad" time!

sketch-1517756402078.png

IMG_20180210_211957.jpg
sketch-1517769545310.png

Wut flagged the stop is the house # ;

A & B had 2 digits on those streets while C had 3 digits house #s

Ah, it's good to be in a regular route since I clean plate every day, with the exception of DEX 011s

Sooo, who else uses CPC?

McFeely

Huge Member
Sooo, who else uses CPC?

I use my dispatchers and our CSA at the station for bad address research. I try to get them corrected before going on-road each morning but that's not always feasible due to our rush to get out of the station and my P1 service.

I quit calling customers with my own phone as I had a few problem ones who started calling me asking when I'd be at their house. Blocked those numbers and now I don't have that problem.

OrioN

Yeah, express has time commits. Not your fault if the shipper made an error... PS, wuts express DEX code# for that?

Ground can CPC for bad addresses while waiting for pickups I guess... most of the HD crew wants to get off the clock ASAP since they're not hourly rate, so they don't G A friend if they have send agains

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yeah, express has time commits. Not your fault if the shipper made an error... PS, wuts express DEX code# for that?

Ground can CPC for bad addresses while waiting for pickups I guess... most of the HD crew wants to get off the clock ASAP since they're not hourly rate, so they don't G A friend if they have send agains
DEX 7, which is supposed to be researched by dispatch. Usually comes back with "Address correct, re-attempt required", which means they were busy playing Sudoku and don't want to be bothered.

bbsam

Staff member
I had a fight with CPC last week. They insisted my driver missed a pickup.

I went on MyGroundBiz and pulled up the stop. GPS pinned my driver in their parking lot, 14 minutes into the window. Stop opened, “zero package pickup” entered, stop closed. Each step done in The customers parking lot.

Still they argued with me. I had to send them screen shots with the scanner GPS coordinates pulled up. Finally they conceded.

I can’t believe they don’t have access to that kind of information but they insist they don’t.

OrioN

Bbsam, that's sad to see your ground drivers are treated "guilty until proven innocent"

I can’t believe they don’t have access to that kind of information but they insist they don’t.

They do have access to that! I've seen it on some misdelivery or disputed delivery memos on my neighboring drivers... they'll have the GPS plot on when the driver scanned a box, so that the driver can retrace their steps on where that box was possibly released

one of the reasons why I stay on the HD crew...

DEX 03 is unable to locate, due to bad GPS point, no numbers on the mailbox or home, or possible wrong zipcode or town name . Some of my customers or shippers enter that incorrectly.

DEX 06 is package refused on the ground side... if we're ALL going "Ex Orange" we should share the same or similar transit codes <shrugs>

Last edited:

Star B

White Lightening
I went on MyGroundBiz and pulled up the stop. GPS pinned my driver in their parking lot, 14 minutes into the window. Stop opened, “zero package pickup” entered, stop closed. Each step done in The customers parking lot.

Last week I had a very regular and honest customer complain to me about the ground driver always marking "not ready" when the package was sitting there all week, properly labeled and taped. I know, because I saw it every AM when I delivered their morning stack.

Also, I know they weren't lying about it because they didn't ask me to take it. I told them about other dropoff options if they didn't show and to just call and b* up the tree.

OrioN

Star, could u scan it and take it back to your station? I thot express can scan ground barcodes, butt not vice versa...unless it's at a dropbox, then cram it in one for a pickup driver to take it??

Yeah, tell the customer to use that 800# repeatedly, so it will finally get to the local contractor s wallet if not taken care of

Star B

White Lightening
We can only scan ground when it's in a dropbox. other than that, we can't. plus... no. I like y'all personally but I don't want to do *anything* to help the ground game until you all become FX employees and we are one delivery opco.

OrioN

Which will never happen as long as Mr Smith is still on the throne...

I only help the express side if the customer didn't call for a pickup and it's a non-priority returns. I'll tell them to track it after 24 hours since it's gonna be in a drop box at night near my house.

If it's a priority airmail box or envelope, that's when I tell them to call that 800# and emphasize "Express pickup"

NYCFXG

I had a fight with CPC last week. They insisted my driver missed a pickup.

Still they argued with me. I had to send them screen shots with the scanner GPS coordinates pulled up. Finally they conceded.

That doesn't matter unless they TEXT cpc using scanner or call cpc. Zero package pickup is the wrong code unless they have a contact person they spoke to and confirmed no packages. The contact person has to match the person on the order. This is all basic stuff that my terminal is extremely serious about. I have had a perfect pick up record with over 300 pick ups average a day. All of my drivers/helpers text cpc on site or my managers watch pick ups and contact CPC before problems arise.

In this case, if they were in the customer parking lot and customer was not open then it is business closed if you wanna risk it code 10 not ready. But certainly not 20 if it isn't backed up by a contact person. GPS is great and I used it to burn my drivers that lie and protect my ass if X wanted to charge me.

bbsam

Staff member
That doesn't matter unless they TEXT cpc using scanner or call cpc. Zero package pickup is the wrong code unless they have a contact person they spoke to and confirmed no packages. The contact person has to match the person on the order. This is all basic stuff that my terminal is extremely serious about. I have had a perfect pick up record with over 300 pick ups average a day. All of my drivers/helpers text cpc on site or my managers watch pick ups and contact CPC before problems arise.

In this case, if they were in the customer parking lot and customer was not open then it is business closed if you wanna risk it code 10 not ready. But certainly not 20 if it isn't backed up by a contact person. GPS is great and I used it to burn my drivers that lie and protect my ass if X wanted to charge me.
You might be right. They did reverse the “missed” but that might be this specific case.

They leave the pkgs on a pallet when they leave. In five years I’ve only seen a contact out there twice.

SmithBarney

Which will never happen as long as Mr Smith is still on the throne...

I only help the express side if the customer didn't call for a pickup and it's a non-priority returns. I'll tell them to track it after 24 hours since it's gonna be in a drop box at night near my house.

If it's a priority airmail box or envelope, that's when I tell them to call that 800# and emphasize "Express pickup"

Please don't do this for any Express packages

OrioN

Hmmm, I didn't know I can send texts about pickups too:

sketch-1518925882077.png

sketch-1518925864953.png

And another residential pickup that had no box on the porch:

sketch-1518925855142.png

sketch-1518925846281.png

Dammit, y do they populate duplicate pickup orders when Ground got it on Friday. I just wasted time looking for a box this Saturday.

PS does a pickup count as a stop???

I know I don't get paid for call tags

It will be fine

Hmmm, I didn't know I can send texts about pickups too:

View attachment 181234

View attachment 181235

And another residential pickup that had no box on the porch:

View attachment 181236

View attachment 181237

Dammit, y do they populate duplicate pickup orders when Ground got it on Friday. I just wasted time looking for a box this Saturday.

PS does a pickup count as a stop???

I know I don't get paid for call tags
Yes, reconcile the pickup as not ready yourself and you get a paid stop. Then you can contact CPC if you want to. If CPC cancels the pickup you don't get paid.

OrioN

I'm HD, no time windows to worry about.

When I look at my settlement sheet to sign & confirm amount of stops, I didn't get paid for any pickups... hmm, maybe the subcontractor is keeping those for the investor group???

So call tags are free labor too?!?