cracking of the hands

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
I wear gloves year round, but that still does nothing to keep your skin from cracking. Mine have started in the last two weeks. I use Aveeno lotion because it is scentless, but a lot of guys swear by The Body Shop's line of hemp lotion.

Sammie

No Crack.

No Joke!!!:closedeye

No Crack cream is made for your problem and your problem alone.

Here's a link to find a place that sells it in your area.

http://www.nocrack.com/

Now if someone could only come up with today's serious Crack Epidemic...
Plumbers Butt!!! :bored:

sendagain

Don't you just love it when you get cracks on the tips of your fingers, then bump them against a package. Man am I glad to be retired: no more cracks on the fingertips.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I use Ironclad Box Handler gloves. No cracking here. I go through about 2-3 pairs over the cold season. Sometimes I do have to treat my hands with some Lubriderm but only on occassion.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Before going to bed, apply a thick layer of Vaseline to your hands and put on cotton gloves. Sleep that way.....and do it every night. When the Santa Ana winds blow here, I get the cracked finger tips and they hurt.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
Go to the hardware store and buy a pair of cotton knit gloves that have been dipped in rubber/latex (they give you amazing grip) or go by WW Grainger and look at some of Ansell's high dexterity gloves (which I'm currently wearing). If it's that cold I would opt for the rubber dipped ones as they are thicker and rubber does not breath as well.

dillweed

Corn Husker's lotion. It's a rather old product and many stores don't carry it anymore but a drug store should be able to special order it for you. It's good stuff!
Also try bag balm, which you can find at a drug store. It's greasy as heck and you'll have to wash it off after using but it does a great job of healing cracked skin.

traveler

Where next? Venice
Corn Husker's lotion. It's a rather old product and many stores don't carry it anymore but a drug store should be able to special order it for you. It's good stuff!
Also try bag balm, which you can find at a drug store. It's greasy as heck and you'll have to wash it off after using but it does a great job of healing cracked skin.

I used Corn Huskers when I drove in the 60's. I didn't think it was still around.

trickpony1

Before going to bed, apply a thick layer of Vaseline to your hands and put on cotton gloves. Sleep that way.....and do it every night. When the Santa Ana winds blow here, I get the cracked finger tips and they hurt.

Some people think Vaseline has a petroleum base or contains petroleum distillates. The human skin is very absorbent. Do you want your skin absorbing petroleum distillates all night? Please find a product that is free of petroleum in any form.

I could get sarcastic and ask rhetorical questions like, "......why don't you get baggies full of diesel fuel and strap your hands in them overnight?", but you and I are much too classy for such nonsense.

Seriously though, think about what I have said.

sendagain

I was the first UPS man that Ironclad had; they started their company on my route and wanted me to wear their gloves, but I was a no gloves driver. I did pass out some samples they gave me in the hub. These guys would go around town and put stickers on poles with their name on it; I even found one on my handcart one day.

upsgrunt

On a side note; chapped lips are also a problem this time of year. A great solution is to rub fresh dog crap on them- the smell is kind of overbearing, but I guarantee you won't lick them!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

traveler

Where next? Venice
Some people think Vaseline has a petroleum base or contains petroleum distillates. The human skin is very absorbent. Do you want your skin absorbing petroleum distillates all night? Please find a product that is free of petroleum in any form.

I could get sarcastic and ask rhetorical questions like, "......why don't you get baggies full of diesel fuel and strap your hands in them overnight?", but you and I are much too classy for such nonsense.

Seriously though, think about what I have said.

My wife has been putting Vaseline on her hands each night for years now. I don't see any ill effects.

She starts up just fine in the morning, runs smoothly all day, she idles well in the evening while reading.
She has had the urge to backfire :*******: recently though. Oh well, I guess the stuff isn't too bad after all.

:lol: :scooter:

disneyworld

I think Johnson & Johnson actually has a product for this-it's something like glue. It's expensive though. I just went with gloves, it worked fine.