Cradle issues

OHIO_swinger

I am a package car delivery driver in Ohio. We are having issues with a lack of cradles for peak. Some drivers went online and bought themselves new cradles to make peak smooth. A bunch of senior drivers are banding together to stop them from using the new cradles. They say we are not allowed to modify our trucks. How is this modifying our truck if it’s the same cradle that the mechanic would supply? Thoughts?

I am a package car delivery driver in Ohio. We are having issues with a lack of cradles for peak. Some drivers went online and bought themselves new cradles to make peak smooth. A bunch of senior drivers are banding together to stop them from using the new cradles. They say we are not allowed to modify our trucks. How is this modifying our truck if it’s the same cradle that the mechanic would supply? Thoughts?
Do you people make this stuff up?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Why would you spend your own money on something the company should provide?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The company refuses to supply us with new cradles. They are waiting for the upgrade. So are these new driver supposed to go out with 230 stops, no helper, no navigation, spending $100 sounds a lot better than 14 hour days

Over 34 years in delivery, and never once had navigation.

I survived.

rod

Retired 22 years
The company refuses to supply us with new cradles. They are waiting for the upgrade. So are these new driver supposed to go out with 230 stops, no helper, no navigation, spending $100 sounds a lot better than 14 hour days
You are going to have 14 hour days coming up anyway so you may as well get them with less stops without a cradle. Just how new are you?

OHIO_swinger

Exactly what I thought would happen. A bunch of pissed off old disgruntled UPS drivers sitting on the new people. Thanks for all your help and knowledge through the years. SMH