Crap, it's raining this morning.

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess I'm unmanly, because I try to have them as much as possible.

You like the rain anyway. Somewhat amphibious.
frogcovered.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wouldn't say I'm whining. I'm not exactly looking forward to this though. It'll be interesting to see how the driver deal with this. I got to go soon too.

They gear up, get wet, possibly bring extra clothes and shoes to change into and get wet again. And suck it up. Comes with the job.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
They gear up, get wet, possibly bring extra clothes and shoes to change into and get wet again. And suck it up. Comes with the job.

I won't worry about my feet to much. If they get wet, it won't matter. I wear wool socks. They keep your feet warm dry or wet. I've got a rain suit.

GillEagan

How do the drivers keep the packages dry? We haul a bunch at a time into some of these businesses. Will it be those bags?

Last edited:

GillEagan

I thought you were a helper before??Shouldn't you know?

It wasn't a concern much last year. The rain was light and very brief. The packages were small and fit in the bags. This driver is mostly business and he gets some rather big packages that don't fit in the bags. And no I'm not on the clock yet. I will be in an hour. I better get ready.

watdaflock?

Anyway, I'm in the Phoenix area. Our rains can get heavy at times.

You get rain maybe a couple dozen times the entire year in Phoenix. It's a desert! Plus the monsoon season is a joke.
Only thing to look out for is flash flooding.

Flagstaff rules but Phoenix inhales.

GillEagan

If you have a helper, and you are worried about rain, you are doing it wrong.

I am the helper.

You get rain maybe a couple dozen times the entire year in Phoenix. It's a desert! Plus the monsoon season is a joke.
Only thing to look out for is flash flooding.

Flagstaff rules but Phoenix inhales.

Not entirely true. We get rain scattered thought the year up to 4 or 5 months. The rains vary from year to year and we never know what we will get. Some years are drier and others wet.

The monsoon is not what it used to be due the growth of the Phoenix area as the heat island makes the storms go around us. When I was growing up we got hit more often with the storms. Sometimes they would blow over us without doing anything from the south and then hit the Rim and come back and hit us good later in the night. This summer we did a couple of days of rain out of the monsoon.

I don't think I would want to do this even in Flagstaff.

Last edited:

GillEagan

Things actually turned out pretty good today. The rain stopped 20 minutes after the driver picked me up. I asked the driver about the oversized packages that can't fit in the bags and he said he didn't know as it has never happened to him before. So he thought about it for a moment and said 'I guess those packages would just get a bit wet.'

watdaflock?

Not entirely true. We get rain scattered thought the year up to 4 or 5 months. The rains vary from year to year and we never know what we will get. Some years are drier and others wet.

Moved to Phoenix (in July) many years ago. Only lasted a year in that big kitty litter box called Phoenix. The year I was there wasn't very rainy but do remember one occasion not being able to get home because my normal route was under water.

I'd retire to Flag' but Phoenix is not for me.