Crazy feeder accident

You know that's kinda what I was thinking. No way in hell a UPS driver would do that to another at least not anything to that degree. I have heard of guys placing clear tape over a red glad hand on an M/T a fellow driver was scheduled to pull resulting in the trailer not moving(if they didn't catch it)but that's the extent of shenanigans I've heard of nothing to the extent of damage being done.

Yeah....releasing someones snubber is a joke. It's going to make their ride a little uncomfortable, but it won't possibly kill someone like pulling the fifth wheel.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You know that's kinda what I was thinking. No way in hell a UPS driver would do that to another at least not anything to that degree. I have heard of guys placing clear tape over a red glad hand on an M/T a fellow driver was scheduled to pull resulting in the trailer not moving(if they didn't catch it)but that's the extent of shenanigans I've heard of nothing to the extent of damage being done.
Sometimes the jokers around here would switch up your air lines while you were taking a nap, but that's about it. I was kinda shocked by Mace's story, we worked in the same division and I never heard of anything like that.

quad decade guy

No way in hell? So interesting coming from a forum that belittles folks for even talking about safety. From folks who are willing to look the other way on blatantly, deliberately dangerous behavior as we notch another fatality. Really, who would on any level, play around with any machinery?

ManInBrown

You’d be surprised at some of the stuff UPS drivers will do to other drivers. Buddy told me a story about being at Meadow a few years ago. He hooked up to a load and the driver next to him that was also pulling a load got all pissed because it was a tight fit pulling out and that driver was getting ready to leave. Buddy goes inside waiting on load and comes back out and goes to pull off and someone pulled his fifth wheel. He almost dropped the trailer but caught it at the last second and saw what was happening. I check my fifth wheel every time, if I stop somewhere and go inside like a rest stop. Even check on all UPS property’s. When it comes to stuff like that I don’t trust anyone. Lots of miserable people out there happy to ruin someone’s day for no reason.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That is 100% an ass whoopin if you do that to me.
We have had drivers do that to other drivers. wasnt a joke. was just a mean thing to do. It went on for away until they posted a sign that the person responsible would be fired if caught.

how about grease on the hand holds or steering wheel?
gloves taken
flashlight "borrowed"
fifth wheel pullers are always a problem to keep. most of us kept them in a locker.
snow chains switched . one winter it was so bad we were locking up our chains on the rail.

some feeder drivers are a real class act

11.19igrad

No way in hell? So interesting coming from a forum that belittles folks for even talking about safety. From folks who are willing to look the other way on blatantly, deliberately dangerous behavior as we notch another fatality. Really, who would on any level, play around with any machinery?
amen

GameCockFan

Umm....

Not an immediate termination, but "taken out of service" pending investigation.

Article 18 Section 3

Not to doubt your word, but that would be surprising. (too me)

I have never seen a feeder driver that laid down a set.... not sit out for a couple months.

-Bug-

I got hit head on by a drunk driver going the wrong way down the interstate, out of service for investigation (1 day). Filed and got paid for it. Also had a guy coming back from GRENC during a snow/ice storm. Laid it down going over an icy bridge and hit a highway patrol car parked on the side. Back the next day. It all depends I guess.