Crazy feeder accident

PPH_over_9000

fuuuuuuck, that's my area. Today was rough, delivering in a tropical storm... an entire county was flooded out and several routes called back to building around noon with nothing delivered. They just sat in a parking lot for a few hours.

Rain let up around 11am, but the flooding stuck around for a while.... then the rain hit like a waterfall around 6pm again. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard about more accidents when I go in in the morning.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
fuuuuuuck, that's my area. Today was rough, delivering in a tropical storm... an entire county was flooded out and several routes called back to building around noon with nothing delivered. They just sat in a parking lot for a few hours.

Rain let up around 11am, but the flooding stuck around for a while.... then the rain hit like a waterfall around 6pm again. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard about more accidents when I go in in the morning.

You're not too far away from me then. We had a few drivers that got maybe 25 stops off then called it quits. I was one of the lucky ones but there are gonna be routes going out today that are slammed with carryover volume.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You're not too far away from me then. We had a few drivers that got maybe 25 stops off then called it quits. I was one of the lucky ones but there are gonna be routes going out today that are slammed with carryover volume.
Monday they had us return to the center and be off by 215

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just south of my old hub, could have been coming from anywhere though. Don't recognize the tractor.

PPH_over_9000

Any more info on the driver?

All they said in the morning PCM was that he's doing alright. Knowing management, that could range anywhere from he was hospitalized but he's gonna make it to he walked away from the scene without a bruise on his body. I'll try to remember to ask in the AM. From what I can remember, apparently he hydroplaned and jackknifed his trailer.

purehavanne

All they said in the morning PCM was that he's doing alright. Knowing management, that could range anywhere from he was hospitalized but he's gonna make it to he walked away from the scene without a bruise on his body. I'll try to remember to ask in the AM. From what I can remember, apparently he hydroplaned and jackknifed his trailer.
Is that an automatic termination in feeders?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not here.
Really? You can lose control and jacknife, total a tractor and two trailers, and they won't fire you? I'm not saying the guy won't get his job back, that depends on his record, but unless the police charge someone else for being at fault or the investigation reveals some kind of equipment malfunction that driver is gonna get some time off.