Crazy ojs rides.

I have had many ojs rides but this is funny. I deliver to a poor area. I'm the second day in and the day is half done so I'm driving down this street and I see this cop with is gun out and as I'm getting closer the outside of this house was swarming with cops then they bust the door down, then we hear gun fire. So my sup has this look like what the, I'm like I'm suprised that didn't happen yesterday it will probably happen tomorrow. He called out the next day, the ride was thrown out. Lol. Does any one have any funny ojs rides.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So, do you get an extra time allowance for dodging bullets now?:anxious:

Or is that already built into your day?:devil3:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Every OJS ride I have the sups see some crazy hillbilly :censored2:. It is what it is.

Long ago, on a rural route I covered, the regular driver told me a short cut to a house that cut about a mile off the normal way. "At the top of the hill, take a hard left through the hayfield up against the hedgerow and then take a hard right through the hedgerow when you see the gap." Had a supe with me one day and took the shortcut. He said that he thought I was taking him out into the field to get rid of him forever. Good times!

Leftinbuilding

Had a center manager ride with me once, and after lunch he cleared a spot on a shelf and went to sleep for the rest of the ride. He was hung over, lol.

I have had many ojs rides but this is funny. I deliver to a poor area. I'm the second day in and the day is half done so I'm driving down this street and I see this cop with is gun out and as I'm getting closer the outside of this house was swarming with cops then they bust the door down, then we hear gun fire. So my sup has this look like what the, I'm like I'm suprised that didn't happen yesterday it will probably happen tomorrow. He called out the next day, the ride was thrown out. Lol. Does any one have any funny ojs rides.
Did he make you recite the ten keys to avoid getting shot?

jaker

trolling
I don't get OJS rides the sups don't like my route , no bathroom , no food , no hot women , bunch of trailer homes and dirt roads

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a sup once who, in addition to being a truly decent guy, was also a bowhunter like myself. I lived on my route, and had set up a 20-yard archery range in my driveway, so on the day I was scheduled for the OJS my sup brought his bow from home and put it in the truck before we left. We spent lunch hour standing on the sidewalk in front of my driveway and shooting arrows into the hay bale target that I had set up inside my garage on the back wall. He wound up missing and putting one of his arrows thru the door of my freezer, so as penance for that sin he ditched his clipboard and spent the rest of the day busting his ass and running off stops for me. Im sure we raised a few eyebrows in the neighborhood that day; 2 UPS guys in full uniform, standing behind a parked package car with compound bows shooting arrows into a garage. Good times.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Which part of the EC?, without specifics. I had a weird exp. on a 'hood route a few years ago that totally changed my outlook. Can't talk about it on here. This was a route where the previous driver was held up and robbed at gunpoint.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Which part of the EC?, without specifics. I had a weird exp. on a 'hood route a few years ago that totally changed my outlook. Can't talk about it on here. This was a route where the previous driver was held up and robbed at gunpoint.

To hell with company policy, if I had a "'hood" route where getting held up at gunpoint was a realistic possibility, I would be packing my Glock 26 with me the entire day. Getting fired beats getting murdered.

Indecisi0n

Long ago, on a rural route I covered, the regular driver told me a short cut to a house that cut about a mile off the normal way. "At the top of the hill, take a hard left through the hayfield up against the hedgerow and then take a hard right through the hedgerow when you see the gap." Had a supe with me one day and took the shortcut. He said that he thought I was taking him out into the field to get rid of him forever. Good times!

Why are you taking shortcuts on an OJS ride?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why are you taking shortcuts on an OJS ride?

Because once upon a time, we had supervisors who had actually done the job, and some (if not most) were really pretty good guys. Sometimes they rode with you just to get out of the building and away from the headaches.

Besides, the look on his face was priceless.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
To hell with company policy, if I had a "'hood" route where getting held up at gunpoint was a realistic possibility, I would be packing my Glock 26 with me the entire day. Getting fired beats getting murdered.
No doubt about it. Personal safety is secondary, though.

tarbar66

I had a sup once who, in addition to being a truly decent guy, was also a bowhunter like myself. I lived on my route, and had set up a 20-yard archery range in my driveway, so on the day I was scheduled for the OJS my sup brought his bow from home and put it in the truck before we left. We spent lunch hour standing on the sidewalk in front of my driveway and shooting arrows into the hay bale target that I had set up inside my garage on the back wall. He wound up missing and putting one of his arrows thru the door of my freezer, so as penance for that sin he ditched his clipboard and spent the rest of the day busting his ass and running off stops for me. Im sure we raised a few eyebrows in the neighborhood that day; 2 UPS guys in full uniform, standing behind a parked package car with compound bows shooting arrows into a garage. Good times.
I had an on car that was a private pilot and he was teaching me an area that included an small airport where he kept his plane. He asked me if I wanted to go flying on my lunch hour, I would have but he could not get the plane out of a shared hangar. His plane was blocked in.

Indecisi0n

Because once upon a time, we had supervisors who had actually done the job, and some (if not most) were really pretty good guys. Sometimes they rode with you just to get out of the building and away from the headaches.

Besides, the look on his face was priceless.

Well you do know that shortcut isnt a shortcut anymore. Now it's the way the route runs.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well you do know that shortcut isnt a shortcut anymore. Now it's the way the route runs.

I'm guessing that maybe you were pooping in diapers (if your parents had even met) when I started driving.

I know how things run in this asylum they call a company.