Credit Card Offer

saintrick

teamster-card.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just received a credit card offer in the mail from the Teamsters.

Only 18.15 %

Way to look out for your membership Teamsters.

Uh, isn't 18.5% in line with most new credit cards right now?

Now, not offering any cash back or sign up bonus is pretty sad. If you're not getting at least 2% back you're throwing money away.

ManInBrown

If you have really solid credit there’s about 3 cards everyone should have. Citi double cash, discover it, or chase sapphire reserve. The citi double cash is outstanding, as long as you pay your full balance statement every month. I shake my head every time I see someone paying with cash or a debit card. If you have bad credit it’s understandable. These cards pay you, to use them. I get about $1000 a year back from citi double cash.

If you have really solid credit there’s about 3 cards everyone should have. Citi double cash, discover it, or chase sapphire reserve. The citi double cash is outstanding, as long as you pay your full balance statement every month. I shake my head every time I see someone paying with cash or a debit card. These cards pay you, to use them.
Even with good credit, the interest rate they charge is ridiculous. I do the same thing, I have a few different cards that get me some nice cash back rewards and I use them like a debit card. Getting back some of that money I gave them when I was younger.

saintrick

Uh, isn't 18.5% in line with most new credit cards right now?

Now, not offering any cash back or sign up bonus is pretty sad. If you're not getting at least 2% back you're throwing money away.

That's sad if 18.5 is average.
We get offers all the time for 6-12 which I thought was high.

It does have a 0% introductory for a year with 3% fee. Good if you use it right.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's sad if 18.5 is average.
We get offers all the time for 6-12 which I thought was high.

It does have a 0% introductory for a year with 3% fee. Good if you use it right.
Honestly, I've got about a dozen cards between me and my wife, and I have no clue what the interest rate is on any of them.

Every time I open an offer I see something between 16-22% in big bold font. Must be some sort of law that the interest rate has to be bigger on the legalese sheet.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you have really solid credit there’s about 3 cards everyone should have. Citi double cash, discover it, or chase sapphire reserve. The citi double cash is outstanding, as long as you pay your full balance statement every month. I shake my head every time I see someone paying with cash or a debit card. If you have bad credit it’s understandable. These cards pay you, to use them. I get about $1000 a year back from citi double cash.
American Express gives 6% on groceries, PenFed gives 5% on gas, Barclay 4% on dining.... all year round. With Discover and Chase's 5% quarterly categories and citi 2% on everything else.... I clean up in cash back.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't have a clue what our VISA or MasterCard charges. I've never paid ANY interest. They are paid off automatically every month. We use them for the airline miles and cash back features.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My Capital One—-the one that the black guy who is in every movie hawks—- gives me 1.5% back on everything. I also have no idea what the APR is as I pay it off every month.