Crickets Gross!!!

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
:sick:How many of you have the crickets that come down your belt...or any type of bugs for that matter. UGH! One of my loaders had the box break open this a.m. GROSS! 0515 bug chase!! LOL

bellesotico

BOXstar
The guy who works next to me gets them on his truck all the time. I hate it when those !#$@!#@# get loose.

Oh and the smell...horrible.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
We had a NDA envelope come down the belt the other day that had air holes punched in it, with sharpie marker all over it stating "Live bees. Handle with care." Hold the envelope to your ear and its just bzzzzing away. It was palled to the 7000 section. After a short discussion we felt it was best to load it right on the drivers seat, for everyones safety.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
We had a NDA envelope come down the belt the other day that had air holes punched in it, with sharpie marker all over it stating "Live bees. Handle with care." Hold the envelope to your ear and its just bzzzzing away. It was palled to the 7000 section. After a short discussion we felt it was best to load it right on the drivers seat, for everyones safety.

Okay that would give me a heart attack! LOL:entertaining: and I don;t think I would have put it anywhere near my ear...LOL!

moreluck

golden ticket member
WhatPCM......ok, you're the type where your wife hands you the milk carton and says, "Honey, smell this......is it still good ?" :wink2:

thebrownbox

I have seen crickets, bees, maggots...

non went into my car but it does not bother me... just do what you have to do.

however 7 months of working at UPS I've never really thought about them shipping stuff like this.

thom1842

I've picked up the crickets up here a few times. FedEx lost the account for this particular bug farm because they kept killing the bugs in the winter because it was too cold in the package car's cargo area.
We have a ten-cube and a box truck with heaters installed in the cargo area to keep the little things warm enough so they don't die before they get to the destination. The 10cube smells terrible.

bellesotico

BOXstar
I have seen crickets, bees, maggots...

non went into my car but it does not bother me... just do what you have to do.

however 7 months of working at UPS I've never really thought about them shipping stuff like this.

i can deal with crickets and bees..but maggots.

yeah..I would have issues..lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive had frogs, going to the science dept, already dead, I guess packed in some solution.
The other day I had Koi, and it was leaking, so I hurried up and delivered them before they would die in the back of my truck.
The worst was some kind of urine, for trapping, I think it was skunk or fox, it was nasty, I never knew how that driver could drive, even if it was his 1st stop it was 45 min to his route.
Ive had crickets, grasshoppers, and Lord knows what else we deliver we do not know about!

The worst I've seen was a c.o.d. pkg. with duck juice leaking out of it. Going to some high class restaurant. They said the duck was still good so they paid me. It stunk real bad.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
During one very hot summer day I had to take care of some missed air packages; the last stop I found out was going to a reptile collector....boy was he pissed all the crickets had died from the heat.

If you want to smell something really bad.........truffles. On any day ; warm or cold those things rank number 1 .