Crossover

BigMod

I'm currently working into my 5th year with UPS Freight as a P&D Driver, when I first started with the company I heard thru other drivers that if any of us wanted to switch to the package side, we would have to quit for a year. Is this true? I'm asking because there is a Feeder driver position listed on the job site and I would like to apply. I have absolutely no interest in quitting for a year. We do have line haul positions open as well. If I can't get on as a feeder I will look into Linehaul.

Thank you.

542thruNthru

I'm currently working into my 5th year with UPS Freight as a P&D Driver, when I first started with the company I heard thru other drivers that if any of us wanted to switch to the package side, we would have to quit for a year. Is this true? I'm asking because there is a Feeder driver position listed on the job site and I would like to apply. I have absolutely no interest in quitting for a year. We do have line haul positions open as well. If I can't get on as a feeder I will look into Linehaul.

Thank you.

I've never heard of that but your best bet would be to call your local and ask them. I'm sure they represent both Freight and Small Package. They would have the answer.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Thank you.
never heard of this, just heard you bid on whatever is posted

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
We’ve had a PDS (dispatcher) who went from Package to freight for a few years then they transferred her back to package. So I know management can do it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If there is an open Feeder job listed for off the street hires than why not apply for it. When the new Atlanta SMART Hub opened, they were hiring drivers off the street.

KoennenTiger

In my original training class back in the day there was a guy ten years CDL who got wind we were so desperate for feeders we were even going to take them off the street. He was pooping his pants to get into this job. Went PT for a few weeks and bam feeder.

Used to drive one of those huge dumpster trucks. I like those guys they are aware of what's going on around them.

RolloTony Brown Town

Correct. I'm talking about leaving UPS Freight to possibly Join UPS small pack as a feeder drivers.

They are considered and operated as 2 separate companies. They tell all employees that they would have to quit and get rehired. Idk about waiting a year.

In management you can transfer over (I did). It’s a pain in the ass to transfer back in management.

Johney

I'm pretty sure the hiring process for both divisions (freight and package) are done through the same place-people, so you had better be dam sure when you are not put on the infamous do not re-hire list if you leave freight. If you're put on that list forget it.