Crushed by Peak yet?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Wyoming, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Wyoming

Wyoming Member

Only my 2nd, but already massively busier than 2018.

2. Not yet still missing volume. The hub that feeds our center has been rolling trailers I'm sure we will go up in flames once it finally gets here.

3. Wyoming

Wyoming Member

Are we able to handle all the new Amazon volume?

4. claptimusbrown

claptimusbrown New Member

Inbound feels the same and we be chilling. but oh boy, outbound has it rough

5. Air Recovery

Air Recovery Active Member

My building hasnt rolled stops yet but we are getting there. We are a fairly large hub with 2 centers

6. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

Rolled trailer and stops most volume we have ever seen

7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

May God have mercy on your soul.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  8. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Center manager hedged his bets on these Pvd drivers. Thought they would work all day and night. Bragged about how we would only be pulling 9.5 every night. Its gloriously blowing up in his face. Hr told Pvd drivers they only work 8-4. Many have quit. We can't get the packages to them until 11-1230 and that being generous. Rolling trailers and packages like that's our jobs. At least in my center this is the biggest :censored2: show I've ever witnessed and it has gotten worst every day. I asked him about the 9.5 because my 49 hours in 4 days isn't adding up to me. God I hope he is fired soon.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  9. Dumbperson

Dumbperson Member

weve rolled trailers every day except monday

10. Alamo Joe

Alamo Joe Member

Why not just dump Amazon?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Dumbperson

Dumbperson Member

or at least play hardball

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Short sighted greed.

13. cosis

cosis Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. MattM

MattM Active Member

We're 95% Amazon now. What happened to our other volume clients? I know we've had them awhile, but they're just burying us with new volume right now.

It used to be maybe 40/60 in favor of Amazon. We need that balance back. I'm not even talking 3 years ago, I'm talking 8-9 months ago, it all seemed fine.

15. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Same here. We are waaaay down on driver helpers. I think that's what they used to pretend was going to get us all doing 350 stops. Driver helpers with phone diads. A new driver helper every few days, they don't show up, they show up late and hey just break off to go get them and tell them hurry up. "Knock and drop the box and leave." "but they're home" LEAVE THE :censored2: BOX!!!!!

Obese woman who can barely move, office used to say "you have to take your helper". "you have to use them for 3.99 hours" ugh

This year though is all PVDs. I get back at 9pm and there are a whole bunch of them driving into the yard and dumping boxes they couldn't deliver. FTer is blowing a gasket looks like he's going bald. Like I can see his hair falling out as he just complains to every ten, fifteen year PTer standing their looking at the pile of undelivered boxes. "Why didn't they deliver these!!!!"

Then it's "we're gonna have to force Saturday" lololol nobody has any hours! The regular Saturday guys don't have any hours you used them on Monday!

All of this and there's no stress at all. I'll do my sixty this week, next week, so what? Boxes everywhere we can't deliver? Pickups aren't getting done. Seasonals having mental breakdowns and quitting. Lolololol

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Hadjabear

Hadjabear Member

Im doing my part, I have about 40 packages in the pipes to be delivered over the next week, I checkout Amazon 1 item at a time so it all comes separately, then I choose relaxed delivery so I know it comes ups instead of P.O. i sprinkle a few NDA savers for the missed Amazon guarentee so i can get prime credits

17. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

The storms and Denver problems will be ours now until at least the end of next week.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Smoothest peak ever !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Well-Known Member

They keep rolling back our start time waiting for air. Left the building around 1030 yesterday. Gets worse everyday. Getting areas put back on the route that are normally off. Seems we are taking extra volume from amazon (even in areas with flex drivers) because they are drowning in their own schite. We gotta bail them them out as though they are our friends and will never be a problem for us.

20. BeachBoy

BeachBoy Member

What Denver problem?

As i sit in the Denver sort with most belts stopped due to the box lines maxed out and over a dozen trucks sitting untouched at 7:15 am.