Cubs Win!

bbsam

Staff member
download.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
We buried my wife's grandma two weeks ago and we all wore Cubs shirts to the funeral. There's a very fine lady smiling from ear to ear in heaven tonight .

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We buried my wife's grandma two weeks ago and we all wore Cubs shirts to the funeral. There's a very fine lady smiling from ear to ear in heaven tonight .
My grandmother was from Chicago and she lived 95 years never seeing this. I bet she and grandpa are partying hard up there tonight!

MAKAVELI

Cubs bailed Maddon out of some very questionable moves tonight. But got to give it to them for coming back and winning 3 games in a row.

dezguy

Indians were 28th in the league for attendance this season with a team that was in first place in their division, had the best record in the AL and went to the World Series. Progressive field was a ghost town up until the playoffs.

Cubs "fans" aren't really fans of the Cubs, imo. They're Wrigley field fans. People go to the games to party, up until the team finally got out of their own way and started to build a winner by bringing in the right people.

HedleyLamarr

After my grandfather retired, he watched every Cub's game on TV until he died in 2000. My dad has a team autographed baseball from one of the late 60's teams, can't remember which exact year. I grew up with a Sandberg and Mark Grace poster on my walls. Baseball has always been my favorite sport, and the Cubs have always been a huge part of my life. When I get back up to Illinois, stopping by my grandparent's grave and planting Cub's WS champion pennants will be high on my to do list. They never saw them win it all.

That being said, I actually didn't watch the game last night. Too stressful. If I had, probably would have thrown up a couple of times. Kept an eye on the MLB at Bat app mostly, and listened to some of the radio broadcast.

The ESPN Sportscenter commercial they aired right after the game was great. Have ya'll seen it?

rod

Retired 22 years
Congratulations to the Cubs. It was actually a great WS this year that even I got into even though I'm not a baseball fan. Both teams played their hearts out but there could only be one winner. The downside is is that I now have to unfriend my nephew in Chicago because he is clogging up my Facebook with all his "Cubs" stuff. In his mind he should be given credit for their win because of all the stupid superstitious stuff hes been doing for the last month or so. I bet hes worn the same clothes for the whole series.