Current Contract - Occurrences?

ThePackageDeli

Where does the (6) occurrences in (9) months language actually reside in the current contract? I remember seeing it spelled out explicitly in previous contracts, but not the current one. If this is the case, does this mean you CANNOT be fired for occurrences anymore?

542thruNthru

Where does the (6) occurrences in (9) months language actually reside in the current contract? I remember seeing it spelled out explicitly in previous contracts, but not the current one. If this is the case, does this mean you CANNOT be fired for occurrences anymore?
I don't remember occurrences ever being spelled out in a contract.

Drink Craft Beer

They just gave some guys at my hub a warning for excessive call offs.

Considering how much they've stressed ... "if you dont feel good, then stay home!! ...... I don't see how they could enforce the 6 days in 9mos. they set. Sure, some guys might take advantage of the circumstances and call off just due to laziness but the company could never confirm it.

PT Crazy

Mostly depends on the supervisor! In our hub on the Twilight. We have employees that call out 6 times a month. The employees let everyone know they are there for the benefits only. Full time management is so busy chasing numbers....they don't care who shows up or not.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Its right after the part that spells out how things will be handled when amazon puts us out of buisiness

hexmurph

For the past year or so here. If you miss a day and dont have option days it is an automatic warning letter, NO excuse is accepted.

We've had people with documented hospital stays, serious car wrecks etc. Tough luck, here's your warning letter

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Where does the (6) occurrences in (9) months language actually reside in the current contract?

It doesn't.... never has.

I remember seeing it spelled out explicitly in previous contracts, but not the current one.

You might be remembering a company policy book, or something like that.

If this is the case, does this mean you CANNOT be fired for occurrences anymore?

Attendance is subject to progressive discipline.

I don't remember occurrences ever being spelled out in a contract.

There have been BrownCafe threads about "it should be spelled out in the contract".

You don't want that.

I've seen it in "white paper" contracts.... and it's contractually binding.

4 infractions = verbal warning

5 infractions = written warning

6 infractions = suspension

7 infractions = Hope you enjoy your new job.

Even with an arbitration clause in a contract.... doesn't mean the Union will spend the money to fight a losing case.

Reality 101.

-Bug-

There have been BrownCafe threads about "it should be spelled out in the contract".

You don't want that.

Even with an arbitration clause in a contract.... doesn't mean the Union will spend the money to fight a losing case.

Reality 101.

-Bug-
Some people need to learn that attendance is important. If you have some kind of medical issue, then sign up for FMLA.

We had a cry crying because he got a suspension for being late 9 times

In a month....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some people need to learn that attendance is important.

It's one of the basic tenets, of holding a job.

If you have some kind of medical issue, then sign up for FMLA.

If you are eligible, with a qualifying issue.... absolutely.

We had a cry crying because he got a suspension for being late 9 times

In a month....

Being late (or tardy) is one of the easiest things to fix.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
6th punches all year long. I get the old school “show up to work” mentality, but us younger guys are getting beat down. Peak all year. At some point this needs to stop or UPS won’t be able to keep good employees. Rules are rules, I get it, but I have no qualms with anybody sticking up for themselves and their bodies and staying home for a “forced” 6th punch. Nobody has our back on this. Nobody is fighting for us. Nothing is going to change.

polyp

You don't want that.

Reality 101.

-Bug-

Any tips on how to actually get hands on a copy of the buildings' white paper contract? UPS Rising only seems to be as granular as local riders.