Current part timer curious as to what changes 2018 contract will bring to driver pension.

I am currently only part time but I plan in the next year or two to be temp driving and eventually I do plan on going full time as a driver when a spot opens, and I know the new union contract in 2018 will raise driver top pay to $38 a hour but I also heard someone mention somebody about it may negatively effect drivers pensions, I was wondering what exactly the effects would be on pensions as a full time prospect. Also what would the pay progression be for PC drivers under the new contract? I could not find this information thank you for your help.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Also what would the pay progression be for PC drivers under the new contract? I could not find this information thank you for your help.
Probably the reason you couldn't find the information is because it hasn't happened yet. No one on this forum is psychic and if they were, then they are idiots for staying here and not playing the lottery.

Probably the reason you couldn't find the information is because it hasn't happened yet. No one on this forum is psychic and if they were, then they are idiots for staying here and not playing the lottery.
Well that makes sense thank you for the help, I feel like a idiot now lol will probably delete this thread. I do appreciate the help

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Well that makes sense thank you for the help, I feel like a idiot now lol will probably delete this thread. I do appreciate the help
Don't delete this thread. You provided some very helpful info to another poster on this forum, you should be proud of yourself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am currently only part time but I plan in the next year or two to be temp driving and eventually I do plan on going full time as a driver when a spot opens, and I know the new union contract in 2018 will raise driver top pay to $38 an hour but I also heard someone mention somebody about it may negatively effect drivers pensions, I was wondering what exactly the effects would be on pensions as a full time prospect. Also what would the pay progression be for PC drivers under the new contract? I could not find this information thank you for your help.

Are you making assumptions based upon the pay progression in our current agreement?

It would not surprise me at all if our wages were frozen at our current levels with corresponding increases to our H&W contributions.

Two tiered wages will once again be on the table.

Progression will be increased by a year with lower starting and top out wages.

Back first

Not
Are you making assumptions based upon the pay progression in our current agreement?

It would not surprise me at all if our wages were frozen at our current levels with corresponding increases to our H&W contributions.

Not going to happen.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

It wouldn't suprised me that is as usual you are completely wrong.
What exactly would be the benifit of the union agreeing to these unprecedented concessions to the company that is making record profits ?
Longer progression and lower wages. Sign me up.

retired2000

In 2018 ups will pull out of the pension fund. All the multi employer pension plans are in trouble. Need to write your congressman and senators to tell them they need to do something about this problem

Cementups

Box Monkey
Driver pension is supplemental based, not national. Now stay the hell away from my pension fund. Ours is in good shape here and we don't need anyone screwing with it.

retired2000

You are right upstate. Now cementups ours was well funded also at one time all I am saying is watch what your trustees do with your money