Current UPS culture

OrionsBitch

Not...
Young guys bitch about long hours and then Old guys bitch at them for bitching because when they were younger they had worse working conditions.

Then those same old guys bitch at the younger guys for not getting involved in the Union and protesting/being active in demanding better working conditions.

Not saying it's me, just an observation.....either help the younger generation or don't. But don't bite the hand that's going to be responsible for the future if this company. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Young guys bitch about long hours and then Old guys bitch at them for bitching because when they were younger they had worse working conditions.

Then those same old guys bitch at the younger guys for not getting involved in the Union and protesting/being active in demanding better working conditions.

Not saying it's me, just an observation.....either help the younger generation or don't. But don't bite the hand that's going to be responsible for the future if this company. Just my two cents.
....and you think this is some new dynamic, playing itself out for the first time with this generation???

I'll try and help you here, it isn't, it's a timeless tradition, passed on from generation to generation.

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it....

ManInBrown

When I was in package 95% of the drivers bitching were Runner gunners who didn’t understand why they had 200 stops and the bid driver does 170. You can’t help stupid

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Every veteran driver KNOWS working conditions were way better before the first strike, not worse.
Not sure where you're getting your sample size.

Indecisi0n

What a lot of the older timers need to realize is this younger generation is going to be the ones deciding on their pensions later on. They need to education and not totally advoid the younger gunners as difficult as that may be.