Cursive writing

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But how is cursive writing a life skill?

I talked to an old man yesterday that was not too happy his grandkids knew all this stuff about computers but didn't know how to write in cursive.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My granddaughter was so proud of her driver's license....she showed me and where the signature is suppose to be,she printed in her name.
Will they sign an "x" on their paychecks or purchase contract for a house or car?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But how is cursive writing a life skill?

I talked to an old man yesterday that was not too happy his grandkids knew all this stuff about computers but didn't know how to write in cursive.
Kids today are so dependent on electronics...everything is typed on a comp with spell check so I dont have to know how to spell very good....because auto correct will spell it for me. I don't have to remember anything because my phone will remember it for me or I can just look it up on google.

Brownslave688

Fifty years from now, who will be able to read all the historical documents written in cursive?
You mean all
Those documents that have been digitized and in print for years.

If it really came down to it there would be a select few experts just like Latin or any other forgotten language.

Brownslave688

Kids today are so dependent on electronics...everything is typed on a comp with spell check so I dont have to know how to spell very good....because auto correct will spell it for me. I don't have to remember anything because my phone will remember it for me or I can just look it up on google.
Like it or not knowing how to use a computer is as important as knowing how to read for a child's future now.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Fifty years from now, who will be able to read all the historical documents written in cursive?
Read a historical document? If you were to poll a random sample of 100 high school students....how many would even know when the US constitution was ratified? Let alone what that document contains...lol. I'd bet my next paycheck at least 15% would answer July 4, 1776.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Like it or not knowing how to use a computer is as important as knowing how to read for a child's future now.
I am as computer literate as any high school student....and no teacher in school taught me how to do anything on a computer except how to type.

...the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Brownslave688

Read a historical document? If you were to poll a random sample of 100 high school students....how many would even know when the US constitution was ratified? Let alone what that document contains...lol. I'd bet my next paycheck at least 15% would answer July 4, 1776.
I'd bet the percentage of high school students that know is higher than the percentage of adults.

MAKAVELI

I am as computer literate as any high school student....and no teacher in school taught me how to do anything on a computer except how to type.

...the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
They are teaching kids how to write code now as early as in elementary school. These kids are the same ones who will be making more money in a year than many of us will see in a lifetime. Just saying...........