Customer here, I'm having a couple of issues with deliveries looking for advice

browniehound

I'm having an issue where drivers are listing bogus reasons as to why packages aren't being delivered. I've talked to every supervisor's supervisor I could possibly get my hands on, but this continues to happen. I have no clue what to do. All I want is my package delivered on the date it says it will be..

I was hoping some actual employees could weigh in and give me some advice. Unfortunately it's very he said/she said and as a result UPS seems to be siding with the drivers despite numerous complaints of the same issue...

EDIT: To be specific, the driver is stating that there was an attempt made, and that I was not home. I work from home, do not leave the house when packages are arriving, and there is never a note on the door showing that they were here. So, really, it comes down to one of us is lying.. until I set up a camera..

From your statement I believe that you're the one lying. I'm not sure what it is or why you're lying, but your post just "smells" funny. I apologize if I'm wrong but I call'em how I see'em.

BH

browniehound

Here's a helpful tidbit. Just because a driver doesn't deliver your package today, doesn't mean it goes away forever. He/She will have it again the following day. What would be the point of not delivering on purpose just to have to deal with it a second and possibly a third time? Perhaps there's more to the story than your telling us. Or better yet, you're a troll, amirite?

You're right Harry. I smell a troll too...Why make a bogus delivery attempt? The package is not going to go away. I've learned long ago not to procrastinate because tomorrow can/will always be worse than yesterday. I always make 2nd attempts on the first day if I'm in the area and especially if they are NDAs. Who wants to shag a NDA 3 days in a row if you are back in there area at supper time when the consignee is likely to be home?
BH

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl, Is that actually you in the box in your avatar? I have always wondered and see your on line now.
Nope, that's not me. I stumbled upon the photo of the woman in the box and thought it was perfect for this site so I bought a license to use it. Dizzee animated it so that the box opens and closes.

old levi's

blank space
You're right Harry. I smell a troll too...Why make a bogus delivery attempt? The package is not going to go away. I've learned long ago not to procrastinate because tomorrow can/will always be worse than yesterday. I always make 2nd attempts on the first day if I'm in the area and especially if they are NDAs. Who wants to shag a NDA 3 days in a row if you are back in there area at supper time when the consignee is likely to be home?
BH

Exactly!

browniehound

Well there is no need in being a total jerk to someone that's trying to solve the mystery of where their package is at. But you succeeded in being a :censored2: bag to this customer.

I don't want to call anyone names so I'll ask a question. Who is a :censored2:? There is no "mystery" of where a package is, as its tracked every step of the transit process. Just because you didn't receive it when you wanted doesn't mean its a mystery. Also, who cares about solving this mystery except you?

Its a friggin package that will arrive in a timely matter. Its amazing to me how grow men/women act like 3-year olds waiting for their Amazon junk (no Amazon should be NDA in my opinion as they are stressing the system for people who actually need their item NDA ie medicine,legal papers, etc. Nobody needs their stupid DVD NDA, for one).

Its a material item that means nothing in the scope of life. If you need something that bad why not get off of your stupid, large, ugly, rear-end and drive (or better yet WALK) to the mall/shopping center and pick your much desired item up?

This reminds me, what's up with the QVC ladies? I'll start this in a new thread..

tourists24

To ThatCustomer,,,, if you are for real you may want to peak at The Other Side's response,,,,, this pretty much spells it out

Re-Raise

To ThatCustomer. I am a driver and we have a GPS stamp made at every location that we sheet a package.

It would be extremely easy for a UPS supervisor to see where the driver was when he sheeted your package as not in.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think the OP's user name is clever. Meant to diffuse the situation with humor. I would like to know the details and the exact non-delivery reason. I know he is not my customer. I am the consumate professional. I'm brownmonster.

UPSGUY72

I'm having an issue where drivers are listing bogus reasons as to why packages aren't being delivered. I've talked to every supervisor's supervisor I could possibly get my hands on, but this continues to happen. I have no clue what to do. All I want is my package delivered on the date it says it will be..

I was hoping some actual employees could weigh in and give me some advice. Unfortunately it's very he said/she said and as a result UPS seems to be siding with the drivers despite numerous complaints of the same issue...

EDIT: To be specific, the driver is stating that there was an attempt made, and that I was not home. I work from home, do not leave the house when packages are arriving, and there is never a note on the door showing that they were here. So, really, it comes down to one of us is lying.. until I set up a camera..

Here is your problem "DICK" the DIAD that we carry and all of are package cars have GPS technology. They know where was are at every second of the day and when and where we scan each package. If your saying the driver isn't going to your house then call up and complain. If you don't want to call up and complain that's your problem "DICK" not ours.

Why would you need a camera "DICK" if you work from home everyday ?? TROLL

DS

Fenderbender
As you can see Dick,this site is quite diversified.
Here's my take on your problem,which I believe is authentic.
UPS has the tendency to give their drivers more work than is humanly possible to do in one day.
It's possible that your driver,who may or may not be the regular one,drives to you house,looks at the huge ugly box,
and in an effort to save time,scans an info notice and your package and calls it a not in one,and moves on to the next stop without actually
carrying it to your door.
If you have a camera,you should be able to determine if this was the case.
If you have a regular driver,make a point to talk with him/her,and let them know you are always home.
99% of us would rather make the delivery than bring it back.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I took a sec to peruse the link that Cheryl added. If it is the one and same, the customer lives on the 3rd floor. I can see why there would be a NI1/info notice. Just sayin...............

On the other hand, I also question the validity of the OP's comments. IE: TROLL. How many customers have we seen come here to complain (legitimately or not) that have had SN's like this one? Seriously?!?!? ThatDickCustomer? I don't recall one that took the time to register and then be so derogatory with a SN. It doesn't jive.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Mr. Dick needs to understand we have a lot of people come here and 'troll'. They make up names and events just to get a rise. We come here, as employees, to vent and commiserate. If you provide a tracking number, maybe, one could assess your issue. We aren't all a "bunch of meanies" as you called us on Reddit.com.

As many have pointed out, they(management) know where we are at ALL TIMES! There is no way the suervisor you spoke with didn't know what the driver did or didn't do. He just didn't want to admit he had put 20 hours of work on a truck with a driver that can only work 11 hours. Don't hate the driver. He is over-worked and, possibly, over-harassed by his sup. Most of the drivers don't even see their own kids all week because of the hours they are forced to work. Since UPS went public, it has been down hill. We would love to deliver your packages the first time, so we don't have to re-attempt. That is just adding work onto ourselves. We really aren't that stupid. I understand you are frustrated, just remember, you are not the only one. We are too. Sorry for the attitudes, but there are a lot of people who come here and are trolls.
:peaceful:

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

The story isn't the OP writes in Cheryl link isn't believable. According to the OP he or she never leave there apartment. They have every thing delivered. Everything the OP says about the conversations they have had with a UPS person doesn't add up. When a person calls and complain a paper/ electronic trail is started about the complaint. This would be a big deal in any center?

TUT

Here is probably The Ugly Truth. The shipping industry is being targeted by nearly all companies as a point of where they can save money and control costs. Even though the two major carriers have a lot of value add's to offer, shippers aren't buying deeply into that and the bottom line right now is price. Companies are pitting each carrier against each other more then ever, these two companies are getting less revenue per package because of it. So they in turn have to do cutting on their end as they run a company themselves. Service is being compromised by this, plain and simple. If you want to pay less you will get less in a direct or indirect way. Times are still tough out there. Even if the carrier is keeping the business they had, most likely the rates in which these companies are paying per package is dropping because of competitive price negotiations.

Oh if the OP is a troll or not, both carriers are using more excuses on why a package isn't delivered on time, it's a cost saving measure and hard to prove as a shipper.

iruhnman630

If the drivers are sheeting that they were there, and yet there is no physical proof (info notice) that they were, then there is likely something about your address or the way the packages are addressed that is throwing the drivers off and the delivery attempt is being made to the wrong place.