Customer here, I'm having a couple of issues with deliveries looking for advice

iruhnman630

btw-- don't be so quick to dismiss the idea that the info notices are blowing away. It seems recently as though our info notices have become yet one more thing done on the cheap, as I have seen many of them fall right off before I get back to the car.

rocket man

you made a claim in the pasti bet. you are never home, how do you know if he left a notice? are you checking to see if the pkg was attempted from a diffrent location ? while you were contacting supervisors can you give me the number are supuervisors are hidding behind trees following us and not talking to you. not one so called supervisor you talked to told you about intercept will call? I think you are supervisor making this up to find a new angle.

rocket man

you made a claim in the past i bet. you are never home, how do you know if he left a notice? are you checking to see if the pkg was attempted from a diffrent while you were contacting supervisors can you give me the number are supuervisors are hidding behind trees following us and not talking to you. not one so called supervisor you talked to told you about intercept will call?; I think you are supervisor making this up to find a new angle.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
I been thinking this thread over and I must there might be some truth to this one from all sides , first you live on the third floor of a apartment and I bet the elevator is no where near your place and you say it only happens when you have a heavy package you got to relized that to get that heavy box to your place that take a lot of time the guy has to haul it up three flights of stairs and with them giving him 500 pieces to delivered a day , he might skip it that day so he can plan better the next day to get your heavy box up to the third floor with only his back and a cart , is it an excuse not it's not but it does happen

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I been thinking this thread over and I must there might be some truth to this one from all sides , first you live on the third floor of a apartment and I bet the elevator is no where near your place and you say it only happens when you have a heavy package you got to relized that to get that heavy box to your place that take a lot of time the guy has to haul it up three flights of stairs and with them giving him 500 pieces to delivered a day , he might skip it that day so he can plan better the next day to get your heavy box up to the third floor with only his back and a cart , is it an excuse not it's not but it does happen

We don't "skip" packages. What good would that do--the package will be there the following day. We do all that we can (within the methods) to get rid of 'em on the first day.

jaker

trolling
I am not agreeing with skipping , I know I wont do it I want your box off my truck , but if what is said to be true , then that driver goes out with over 500 pieces we all know that is a crap load and on top of that he's got to haul a 100lbs up 3 flights of steps then maybe I can see him skipping a day would 90% of do that no but we can't say that about everyone , **** when I go on vacation or they pull a split from me I end up getting back pkgs that I know should have got deliver

jaker

trolling
I just thought of something make sure what ever you are getting that the number and the street are not run together , I get a pkg for a guy in my truck that's not mine but because they run the address and the street together EDD decides to give it to me and I have to sheet it up

messUPS

We have a vacation driver in my center that likes to sheet packages as "Not In" without making a true attempt. For instance, there is a long driveway that you must walk due to low hanging trees; he will sheet it as "Not In" and drive by if he knows he is only driving that route for the day or if its Friday and he won't be on that route come Monday. I know this is true because no one else in our center ever brings that address back at the end of the day. He always has more apartment building "Not In's" than any other driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a vacation driver in my center that likes to sheet packages as "Not In" without making a true attempt. For instance, there is a long driveway that you must walk due to low hanging trees; he will sheet it as "Not In" and drive by if he knows he is only driving that route for the day or if its Friday and he won't be on that route come Monday. I know this is true because no one else in our center ever brings that address back at the end of the day. He always has more apartment building "Not In's" than any other driver.

There is a very simple cure for that. When the consignee asks you why his pkg was sheeted "NI 1" tell him/her the truth and then give him/her the center phone number and your on-car's name.

Apt NI's are more difficult to correct.

We have a couple of cover drivers--one is called "NI" and the other is "NSS"--who do the same thing here, especially on chasers.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​Dave's idea works but you might want to explain to the driver (if you care to do that) that constantly sheeting NI may very well end up costing him his job. GPS will end up biting him in the ass.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There is a very simple cure for that. When the consignee asks you why his pkg was sheeted "NI 1" tell him/her the truth and then give him/her the center phone number and your on-car's name.

Apt NI's are more difficult to correct.

We have a couple of cover drivers--one is called "NI" and the other is "NSS"--who do the same thing here, especially on chasers.
We had one that did that for a long time. He ended up with the nickname NS (his name). He is still called that from time to time. :happy2:

packageguy

I'm having an issue where drivers are listing bogus reasons as to why packages aren't being delivered. I've talked to every supervisor's supervisor I could possibly get my hands on, but this continues to happen. I have no clue what to do. All I want is my package delivered on the date it says it will be..

I was hoping some actual employees could weigh in and give me some advice. Unfortunately it's very he said/she said and as a result UPS seems to be siding with the drivers despite numerous complaints of the same issue...

EDIT: To be specific, the driver is stating that there was an attempt made, and that I was not home. I work from home, do not leave the house when packages are arriving, and there is never a note on the door showing that they were here. So, really, it comes down to one of us is lying.. until I set up a camera..

Look at his sign on name, that says it all. Just somebody with no life.