Customer Request pop-ups ~ Home Delivery

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
so it's been going on for a while now, u scan the barcode & up comes a prompt for customer request "leave at Garage" "leave at Back Porch" etc...

How does a customer do that?!? i'm just curious about it

PS: there's an option in the powerpad to enter a stop comment or package comment... can i enter what the customer preferred for a DR location and it'll be saved for future deliveries to that same resi?

ok, here's an example:

2yC1TnTl.jpg

In hindsight: the driver should have pan down a bit to hide the station number on the top right ~ doh!

so this driver can read engrish and followed what the customer requested:

2eMn8UCl.jpg

:)

oops, edit for source: Delivery Driver Leaves Package Exactly Where Customer Requested

PPS: i had a thread about these powerpads enabling the cameras on these motorollas for the customers who want to see their stuff... was it still being tested in certain areas of the US? (yea, yea i don't want to bump that thread up )

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our customers also have the "right" to request a preferred delivery location; however, we have the "right" to override that if we feel that their choice is not the safest DR location.

I have been told that any time we choose to override that it ends up on a report. I would have no problem justifying my decision.

MassWineGuy

I've had customers who got upset when I chose not to leave a new computer on their front steps. Better a little po'ed than have it stolen.

McFeely

Huge Member
PS: there's an option in the powerpad to enter a stop comment or package comment... can i enter what the customer preferred for a DR location and it'll be saved for future deliveries to that same resi?

On the Express PowerPads you can leave notes/messages about the delivery. I believe there are three entries: Location, Leave At, and Operational. I have a fair amount of country deliveries on my route and I put a decent amount of directions (red house, white barn, etc.) under location for the harder to find ones. The "Leave At" option only lets you pick from a short list of places like front door, back door, garage.

I don't know if you guys have those options on the Ground PowerPads but it's very handy for the Express deliveries. I have a couple of swings who actually pay attention to the notes and they love them.

McFeely

Huge Member
Do the notes that you enter stay in the PowerPad? If we want to have notes put in to C-Pad we have to ask the PDS to put them in for us.

Yes, they stay in there. I have to enter it when I'm at that stop and it will show up the next time I get that stop.

Also a good place to put warnings about vicious dogs.

whenIgetthere

On the Express PowerPads you can leave notes/messages about the delivery. I believe there are three entries: Location, Leave At, and Operational. I have a fair amount of country deliveries on my route and I put a decent amount of directions (red house, white barn, etc.) under location for the harder to find ones. The "Leave At" option only lets you pick from a short list of places like front door, back door, garage.

I don't know if you guys have those options on the Ground PowerPads but it's very handy for the Express deliveries. I have a couple of swings who actually pay attention to the notes and they love them.

One swing who did my route DEX03's a couple of packages recently. I asked if he read the enotes entries on the address, he said no.

!Retired!

Either someone put in the system as a default to leave it in a particular area OR the customer goes online and sets it up that way. Ask one of your CSA's.

OrioN

Nope, looks like its moot point when i entered stop specifics about a resis & it doesnt pop up the next time a driver goes to that same stop in the future... hope theyll integrate that on our powerpads on the next software update.

I too have a few resis without any numbers on the mailbox or home... blech, i have to resort to peeking at the mail or i'll DEX003 it

And some use their side or backdoor as the entry point after they park their cars, so i want that option to enter it on the board.

Still love the sun faded notes on their front door saying to DR to the garage or Bd... i have one that said to leave it by the gate:

20160722_161547.jpg
20160722_161540.jpg

Wish i had the powerpad camera active, so i had to DR "Other, whtbag by Gate as requested "

Star B

White Lightening
You have to be on the route for the enotes to show up. In other words, if you're running route 222 and taking one stop from route 233, the enotes wont show up because it wasn't part of your delivery list.

whenIgetthere

You have to be on the route for the enotes to show up. In other words, if you're running route 222 and taking one stop from route 233, the enotes wont show up because it wasn't part of your delivery list.

If you are dropped a stop, the previous enotes will show up when you tap the address. You cannot enter enotes from a dropped stop, though.

OrioN

that's the thing... i'm in HD and the Ground/HD system doesn't save those notes... i was testing it out the past week, but no go

i'm trying to build a database for the next driver who runs this rural area, so when i transfer to another hub on labor day that driver will not have to waste time hunting some of these wacky stops

for example, some customers' homes have really low telephone or cable wires so the overhead clearance is less than 10 feet. by Fall/winter, these drivers won't see it in the dark and drive in with their P700s that's ~12 feet high and take them out

other's, like the picture i posted up, have signs not to enter their gate & just DR right outside of it &/or DR to the side door / garage/ barn instead... u will not see those signs in the dark

i'll just jot them down on paper for now & hopefully they'll update the software to include this effective tool in our powerpads

also, i got one zipcode, but has 4 different town names that i cover over a 160 mile area... there are some shared street names that have same zip, but if you're not keen on reading the town &/or customer names, you'll go to the wrong street 30 minutes away.

the DRA, ROADS, Orion, or whatever mapping software HD uses will sequence it wrong (misplot) & i'll have to catch them while i'm preloading. I also gotta flex some stops to 2 other routes in the AM or else it'll be a code 012 (sorted to the wrong route) while on the road. i'm cramped for space in that 400 cu ft uhaul as it is now so i don't wanna take stuff along for the ride

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Orion, this is old school but when I first started the senior guys had card files. They were 3" x 5" index cards with notes on "difficult" addresses. The card files were like gold.

OrioN

i used printed maps from google and plot the misplots for the next driver

and

a regular 8 x 11 standard sheets that i'll type up for problem stops, business names / Farm names on main roads

when i'm done in August, i'll "laminate" these pages with some free tape that fedex uses at the warehouse & whallah!

OK, time to do some yardwork...

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Orion, this is old school but when I first started the senior guys had card files. They were 3" x 5" index cards with notes on "difficult" addresses. The card files were like gold.

Hadn't thought about that in a long time....

Guy delivered to a huge county comprised of sand, palmetto bushes, scrub oak, and swamp. Only one road in the county had a name. One traffic signal...
The only value of this land, was to hold the rest of the earth together.

At the front of his 4000 shelf he had a 12 drawer index card cabinet. He knew where they lived, where they worked, their mama and daddy ( and where they worked. Route averaged about 230 miles a day and was run in a P500.