Customer wants me to leave signature packages outside without giving last name.

Ipopsheep

Family clinic wants me to leave signature required packages outside (temperature sensitive vaccinces). They told me if I knock on the door again they will call the police. I stuck to my guns and asked for a last name and signed covid-19 in the signature block. The customer says the last name is the name of the company and refused to give me their last name.

Next day same problem. I asked for the last name. They told me the companies name and said please do not knock on the door and just leave them outside (which is a heavy traffic area next to walmart). If I do it again they will call in a complaint. They refused to give me a last name and gave me the company name. It was a signature required critical package.

Third day I knocked on the door and they refused to come and unlock the door. I sheeted them as closed and tagged the door and walked away.

I just want a last name and leave the package and move on. What would you do. What would keep me out of trouble......

PCM Troll

Let your manager know what's going on with that stop. When someone refuses to give last name then you sheet it up as refused. If you do sheet it up as refused, call your center immediately afterwards to let them know. If it a critical package that contains vaccines, then I would make sure to get first initial, last name and deliver it view of an actual person. Drivers are getting fired for not following procedures about those packages containing vaccines.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Family clinic wants me to leave signature required packages outside (temperature sensitive vaccinces). They told me if I knock on the door again they will call the police. I stuck to my guns and asked for a last name and signed covid-19 in the signature block. The customer says the last name is the name of the company and refused to give me their last name.

Next day same problem. I asked for the last name. They told me the companies name and said please do not knock on the door and just leave them outside (which is a heavy traffic area next to walmart). If I do it again they will call in a complaint. They refused to give me a last name and gave me the company name. It was a signature required critical package.

Third day I knocked on the door and they refused to come and unlock the door. I sheeted them as closed and tagged the door and walked away.

I just want a last name and leave the package and move on. What would you do. What would keep me out of trouble......
If these are Covid vaccines you’re full of crap. No CIR allowed and highly doubtful anyone would tell you to leave them outside or return to the building without delivering them. Nice try.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Sounds fugazi to me. In person only means just that.

Perhaps the shipper can work it out with the customer? They ultimately control how the final delivery is handed.

Scuderia

Free vaccines for the center! Just bring in a nurse to give them out. No point letting them go to waste if they don’t want them.
13C88C5C-8D60-4495-89D5-01AD6784DC49.jpeg

vvv

You did exactly as you should. Don't provide them with the delivery......send in a brief message explaining what took place.....move along to the next stop.

Don't make it your responsibility or problem and get yourself in trouble. It's now managements job to get the issue fixed.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's the customers responsibility to be there to accept packages that require a signature. If that customer told me what they told you I would refuse every package until they came to the door to make contact and give me a legit last name. That isn't too much to ask, sounds like this customer is just a c u next Tuesday.

Brisket

I would have called your Sup AFTER you sent the message in (CYA), and explained what happened , maybe they would have told you what to do right then and there after sheeting it CL1.