Customers can't stand regular driver

UPSGUY72

This week I learn that most of the business customer on the route I cover don't like the regular driver. Apparently he is a total prick. A couple examples at the movie theater he told the manager that he wasn't picking up the ARS packages (not movies ) one day unless he help carry them out to the package car. At Macy's the Receiving guy tells me Friday that it been a joy to have me working there was no problems this week. This week he also had a $3750 driver follow up signature denial at a cell phone Kiosk. When the girl at Things remember said she would have something go out later I said I stop later on when I do my pick ups then when I stop she says wow you actual came back.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And? UPS routes are not awarded by route niceness. I cover a route where most people hate him, they all love me, but here 6 years later it's still his route

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pooter

People are just wired differently.

I personally would think as a bid driver you would be nice to your customers since you will be dealing with them on a regular basis.

....but then again, maybe these customers just asked for too much?

UPSGUY72

People are just wired differently.

I personally would think as a bid driver you would be nice to your customers since you will be dealing with them on a regular basis.

....but then again, maybe these customers just asked for too much?

No the customer aren't asking to much. I'm not the only cover driver that covers this route that has heard about the driver. This driver is just a total A-- and other drivers and management know it.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
No the customer aren't asking to much. I'm not the only cover driver that covers this route that has heard about the driver. This driver is just a total A-- and other drivers and management know it.

Good thing being an overall pleasant person isn't a job requirement. If it were, Upstate might be selling furniture at Haverty's.

Sent using a Potato

aiian

I know the feeling - many may not feel the same way but I don't go to work to BS and chit chat...

I took my current route from a bubbly old jibber jabbering guy so naturally many of my customers have complained to my cover driver about my perceived grumpiness and/or overall unfriendliness.

Doesn't bother me though as I know for a fact that service has been better since the day I took the route.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Or they just think he is a dick because he won't bow down to them anymore

There's an attractive female driver on this one route whose customers are total dicks to the cover drivers. I can't say one way or the other if it's because she flirts with every guy on the route so they all kiss her ass, or if it's because they all want to get in her pants. But if she's not on the route, all the cover drivers get treated like crap. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she delivers to see what is really going on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds like a mall route? Our mall route driver is hated by everyone there. I covered one week when he went on his honeymoon. More than a couple customers responded with. "Who in the :censored2: would marry that :censored2:?"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know the feeling - many may not feel the same way but I don't go to work to BS and chit chat...

I took my current route from a bubbly old jibber jabbering guy so naturally many of my customers have complained to my cover driver about my perceived grumpiness and/or overall unfriendliness.

Doesn't bother me though as I know for a fact that service has been better since the day I took the route.
We had a driver locked in on a 3 day ride. At the end of day 3 the driver says. "I can't do that many stops an hour"

Sup: why?

Driver: I don't have time to talk to all of my customers.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Dude, stop being a :censored2:. You're covering a route and THAT'S IT. Good for you, you did your job, big deal. You'll piss off plenty of customers as a cover/utility driver, by not living up to the regular guy's standards. Just take the compliment, politely, and get back to work. Stop talking like a scab.