Cut and run???

Mjiake6

I'm vested 13 years, I'm thinking to leave and buy a business. With my pension with the UPS/IBT full time pension. I asked for an estimate and they only gave me monthly payment options. Isn't there a lump sum buyout? Anyone know. I do know someone with less time then me that exercised that option a few years ago. Any thoughts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm vested 13 years, I'm thinking to leave and buy a business. With my pension with the UPS/IBT full time pension. I asked for an estimate and they only gave me monthly payment options. Isn't there a lump sum buyout? Anyone know. I do know someone with less time then me that exercised that option a few years ago. Any thoughts.

There was a buyout offered toward the end of 2016 for former employees covered by the Company plan.

There is no buyout option available for you. You will start drawing from your pension the first day of the month following your 65th birthday.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
There was a buyout offered toward the end of 2016 for former employees covered by the Company plan.

There is no buyout option available for you. You will start drawing from your pension the first day of the month following your 65th birthday.

You dashed his dreams, Dave.