cut backs cut backs

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm sure there has to be some way to cancel the donation commitment. I'm just going to contact my HR rep.

I have read before that you have to write a letter to payroll.

The problem with the "commitmen" is that it was 2008 I made it. IN 2009, I said no, and the sup just put a X through my UW paper. The withdrawral kept coming.

Let me know if you have an luck or not.

wannabeups

I am all for giving to the United Way. This year is the first year I reduced my contribution. The department where I work out of fell short of it goal by $600 or so dollars. I was giving $15 per week and I took it down to $1 per week. I feel kind of bad like I let some people down. But, I just do not know what the future holds.

The United Way does some great stuff.

I would love to be in a position to give more. I am just scared to death to do so.

Last year was bumped back to inside for over 20 weeks. It was the first time, they had gashed the pay. Not trim mind you but gashing the pay. Who is to say this year I won't be in the hub even longer and they gash the pay even more?

Last edited:

bluehdmc

I have read before that you have to write a letter to payroll.

The problem with the "commitmen" is that it was 2008 I made it. IN 2009, I said no, and the sup just put a X through my UW paper. The withdrawral kept coming.

Let me know if you have an luck or not.

The "commitment" made in 2008 started coming out of your pay Jan 2009, (at least mine did) so it should end after Dec. If it keeps coming out in Jan then I'd contact payroll. Nothing other than taxes should come out of your pay unless your authorize it.

If you would have bothered to take the time to read the OP you would have seen that I had simply translated it from his gibberish to something that could be read. I do not agree with what he wrote.
To be fair I must say that you gave no indication that what Tsup quoted was anything but your opinion. I was confused at first because it was saying exactly the same thing as the OP. Then I remembered your inclination to "fix" other people's posts and let it pass, Tsup probably isn't as familiar with your posts as some of us are.

Though the OP didn't say it quite as eloquently as you, I understood what he meant.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I keep posting this but someone keeps taking it down without an explanation.

Alright, heres your explanation. You need to read the Brown Cafe's Terms of Service and cut out some of your name calling. If you can't communicate in a more mature fashion, then you will be booted out.

Last edited:

clueless

Give to your local food bank, they are hurting more than anytime since their existence. Those jobs lost due to the economy just aren't coming back, or not coming back fast enough.

Great Idea. Btw, I wouldn't single out United Way--I'm fairly certain most non-profits run similar models--lots of administration expense w/out much going to intended recipient. Alot like gov't spending.....very inefficient....Just give directly as you are able. God Bless.

UPSSOCKS

Alright, heres your explanation. You need to read the Brown Cafe's Terms of Service and cut out some of your name calling. If you can't communicate in a more mature fashion, then you will be booted out.

There is no name calling in the post we are referring to.

raceanoncr

I keep posting this but someone keeps taking it down without an explanation. Is the whole world out of whack except me? Am I the only one that thinks I am smart?

Geez, you just can't get along with ANYBODY, can you?

Why don't you just chill out, reapply for FRENCH FRY CREW CHIEF and this time, maybe you'll get it!

Oh, I better check the calender. Hmmmm...is it 28 days yet before my next onset of menopause? Another brilliant statement by you. Ask all the good women on here if menopause comes every 28 days!

Maybe Best Buy is hiring. Check it out.

chopstic

Great Idea. Btw, I wouldn't single out United Way--I'm fairly certain most non-profits run similar models--.

I googled another charity organization just to compare. The CEO of salvation army brings in a salary of 64,210. I think there is a BIG difference between a 64k and 500k salary

Last edited:
D

Dis-organized Labor

I try to be a Leadership giver every year.
I designate my funds to go to the Centers for Battered Women and Children

clueless

I googled another charity organization just to compare. The CEO of salvation army brings in a salary of 64,210. I think there is a BIG difference between a 64k and 500k salary

No offense, but 'randomly' choosing the Salvation Army is not quite representative of the 'norm' The SA is known for being efficient at getting the dollar to the intended recipient. Here are a few others for a more representative comparsion:

Chief Executive : Gerald C. Weinberg, President and CEO
Muscular Dystrophy Association $372,662

Chief Executive : John R. Seffrin, PhD, Chief Executive Officer
American Cancer Society $1,045,887

Chief Executive : Carl R. Augusto, President & CEO
American Foundation for the Blind $304,908

Chief Executive : Neil Nicoll, President/CEO
National Council of Young Men's Christian Associations $522,923

Chief Executive : Kathy Cloninger, Chief Executive Officer
Girl Scouts of the USA $526,999

source: Better Business Bureau

bluehdmc

While the Salvation Army may be on the low side. I think any of these making more than $200-250K a year is a little too much, particularly if their travel expenses, etc. are paid by the respective charity. I don't believe we pay our politicians this much. Where is the "spirit of sacrifice" from these CEO's?

chopstic

While the Salvation Army may be on the low side. I think any of these making more than $200-250K a year is a little too much, particularly if their travel expenses, etc. are paid by the respective charity. I don't believe we pay our politicians this much. Where is the "spirit of sacrifice" from these CEO's?

well said. Fact is, these CEOs may be good at doing business, but their heart isn't in the right place if their using a "charitable" organization to make themselves millionaires.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
I cut 15 minutes a day off everyone because of the non givers. When I first started my campaign I tried to cut just the people that didn't give. I got myself in a trick box due to seniority. So I whispered to the right people that if everyone didn't give everyone will be penalized.. It worked.. I want a dollar and if you can't give it, I'll take a hour.

This is really disturbing.

hdkappler

I no longer contribute because Planned Parenthood is part of United Way.
:happy2:amen:happy-very:i agree with you 100%.:funny:because the ceo makes 3million another reason.:smart:i will give to chruches,homeless shealters.:wink2:not united way anymore.:peaceful:if they call you in the office just say no.

hdkappler

:happy2:
well said. Fact is, these CEOs may be good at doing business, but their heart isn't in the right place if their using a "charitable" organization to make themselves millionaires.
:happy-very:agree.if i was still at brown i wouldn't donate to united way either.if management does't like it they can kiss my ass.

Ntoul

I cut 15 minutes a day off everyone because of the non givers. When I first started my campaign I tried to cut just the people that didn't give. I got myself in a trick box due to seniority. So I whispered to the right people that if everyone didn't give everyone will be penalized.. It worked.. I want a dollar and if you can't give it, I'll take a hour.

If you mean cutting start times, that doesn't save anything. We just end up finishing later, load quality suffers more, drivers get sort/load time. Or we just get mad and load slower, i mean safer.

helenofcalifornia

I think UPSSOCKS is short, bald and very, very young. An self perceived up and comer at UPS that is not going anywhere until he grows up. (oops, did I just print that?)

UPSSOCKS

I think UPSSOCKS is short, bald and very, very young. An self perceived up and comer at UPS that is not going anywhere until he grows up. (oops, did I just print that?)

I am short, not bald and probably older than you. I'm too old to be promoted again so I will likely retire with the stripes I have.