cut backs cut backs

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
In capitalistic America that is the acceptable practice. The more money you are responsible for, the more you demand in your paycheck. But charity is a vastly different career choice. These are the people who are suppose to inspire us to donate our money to a better cause. And looking at his salary figures, you can see what side of the fence he is on, capitalism vs charity.

His "responsibility" for millions of dollars does not justify such a salary. If that were the case then our soldiers, police officers, fire fighters, etc.. would all be millionaires for they carry much more responsibility than this guy does.

He still has to send his kids to school and pay his mortgage, or are you suggesting that all employees of non-profits be ascetics, too? These are business organizations, not religious orders. With the exception of the Salvation Army, which has been mentioned on this thread.

And, sorry, management responsibility always carries more compensation. That's why the lieutenant gets paid more than the private. Shouldering the burden of decision making is tough. I had a ton of good employees who could do their job exceptionally well, but many of them could not manage people or projects to move the organization forward. We called them 'single contributors' to accept that not everyone in the band wants to stand up front and wave the baton.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
And, sorry, management responsibility always carries more compensation. That's why the lieutenant gets paid more than the private. Shouldering the burden of decision making is tough. I had a ton of good employees who could do their job exceptionally well, but many of them could not manage people or projects to move the organization forward. We called them 'single contributors' to accept that not everyone in the band wants to stand up front and wave the baton.

Man, I know a lot of those 'single contributors'.

reydluap

He is so nasty. I hate guys like him. I bet he lays money around his building and hides. As soon as someone picks the cash up he fires them.

You see 'SOCKS, if you were not so wet behind the ears, I'd teach you a few things. Since I've been a delivery driver longer than you've probably been alive. And I don't have the time to diper your :censored2:! LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

hedgehead

By the way if you have been at UPS for 25 years, you would have to be atleast in your forty's. I don't know many 40 year olds that put "lol" in their posts. Your a flaming tool, and probably in your twentys.
lol im 48 and will be retire in 8 yrs with 31 full time yrs by then you will be living under a bridge asking for handouts hey by the way you still havent posted your name and hub location whats the problem little boy

UPS Lifer

Helen, he is sooo full of **** it's not even funny. He is all mouth. There is no way he gets away with talking like this in any other place than right here and only because Cheryl is so tolerant of ******. If he were a sup at any of our centers we eat him for lunch.

Well said! Both of you ladies (Helen)!!!

UPS Lifer

I have a different take from Socks pressuring of his part time employees. This is based on part time employees that worked for me.

I have heard every excuse under the sun as to why someone won't or can't give to United Way. Though I don't agree with not giving something, it is your choice but PLEASE don't make excuses. You have to live with it not me.

I have always contributed to non-profits and charities. At UPS I gave the average of what other full-time employees gave, but it took me by a shameful surprise to see my part-time employees (under no coercion) giving more money than me. These were individuals who made 10% of what I made. They were extraordinary people who I was very proud to be associated with. Needless to say I became a leadership giver that year. I also matched the weekly contribution amount that any employee gave as a personal thank you.

For all leadership givers (and I had at least 20), I would hold a steak & chicken BBQ in the hub and I would personally buy the food as an additional appreciation for their effort.

Anyone who is a giver knows there is no better feeling you can get from doing something for someone else with no other motive.

D

Dis-organized Labor

By the way if you have been at UPS for 25 years, you would have to be atleast in your forty's. I don't know many 40 year olds that put "lol" in their posts. Your a flaming tool, and probably in your twentys.

LOL

hedgehead

I have a different take from Socks pressuring of his part time employees. This is based on part time employees that worked for me.

I have heard every excuse under the sun as to why someone won't or can't give to United Way. Though I don't agree with not giving something, it is your choice but PLEASE don't make excuses. You have to live with it not me.

I have always contributed to non-profits and charities. At UPS I gave the average of what other full-time employees gave, but it took me by a shameful surprise to see my part-time employees (under no coercion) giving more money than me. These were individuals who made 10% of what I made. They were extraordinary people who I was very proud to be associated with. Needless to say I became a leadership giver that year. I also matched the weekly contribution amount that any employee gave as a personal thank you.

For all leadership givers (and I had at least 20), I would hold a steak & chicken BBQ in the hub and I would personally buy the food as an additional appreciation for their effort.

Anyone who is a giver knows there is no better feeling you can get from doing something for someone else with no other motive.
no one and i mean no one should be pressured

P

pickup

You can pick any non-profit you want to. I designate mine to a local agency. You can donate to any non profit organization in the United States. Fire Depts, Animal Shelters, Cancer Research, Abused Women, anything you want. On your United Way card write in where you want your contribution to go. As far as tracking out where you funds go, I get a christmas card every year from where I donate to, thanking me for my donation.

the very essence of charity is what you are , upssocks, god bless you.

chopstic

He still has to send his kids to school and pay his mortgage, or are you suggesting that all employees of non-profits be ascetics, too? These are business organizations, not religious orders. With the exception of the Salvation Army, which has been mentioned on this thread.

I dont think hes having problems sending his kids to school or paying his mortgage with 3 million dollars a year.

blue efficacy

By the way, I love all the half baked justifications you guys come up with for not helping the less fortunate despite the fact that you all are very lucky to get a job that pays $70K or in many cases higher for unskilled labor.

I am a lowly part timer. And I still give, because I make enough to get by on (albeit barely) and I know there are people who can't.