Cut routes business upset

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What time did they get delivered? Were they not still on the AM side of the trace?

I knew you would chime in with your confused doublespeak... first off.. whats trace?? who really follows the failure of our looping system results. Platt maps,,a army of outsiders thrown in to tell us stupid drivers how to do the job best..buy wait , throw a allowance reduction in, a big one The whole implementation and "concept" was a pure insult to most drivers out there.. second,, "The Reports"...oh those reports you base you ups reality on,,, oh those reports.. jump down to lower operations level,, bring your bosses bosses boss, let him play center manager and you be a onroad, then you will learn about what those 'have to meet projection numbers really are,,, actually its easy,, just berate, belittle and keep taking all financial perks away from lower level operations , then run the delivery drivers into the ground physically and bang, the share owners are happy. I s there really that much of a disconnect?

I knew you would chime in with your confused doublespeak... first off.. whats trace?? who really follows the failure of our looping system results. Platt maps,,a army of outsiders thrown in to tell us stupid drivers how to do the job best..buy wait , throw a allowance reduction in, a big one The whole implementation and "concept" was a pure insult to most drivers out there.. second,, "The Reports"...oh those reports you base you ups reality on,,, oh those reports.. jump down to lower operations level,, bring your bosses bosses boss, let him play center manager and you be a onroad, then you will learn about what those 'have to meet projection numbers really are,,, actually its easy,, just berate, belittle and keep taking all financial perks away from lower level operations , then run the delivery drivers into the ground physically and bang, the share owners are happy. I s there really that much of a disconnect?
B4 Telematics I had some college guy (fresh fromUPS brain washing school) Jumped in my truck and said "I am going to show you how to run this route the right way"....I said lets do it!!! We pulled up to the first section (that I usaully skipped) and said this is your new start point. I said O.K. and put my feet up on the dashboard. he said.."what are you doing?"....I said these shops do not open until 11 oclock....I will sit here and wait for them to open!!I dont drive in circles ..passing up stops for the hell of it!!....O.K. lets do it your way....LOL

This past monday doing a weird split.... I delivered all business and I got several that chewed me a new one about how they need their parts ASAP for customers... They tell me there pissed at UPS because every monday or friday its a different driver at different times, PU's are sometimes missed, late PU's

usually with the routes that i cover usually it gets stuff from cut routes...
logistically this makes sense to Wall Street & the new UPS. That's all that matter. Whatever you think they don't care. It is what it is.

Cementups

Box Monkey
On my old route they would cut businesses miles away to me and I wouldn't deliver them until my businesses were done first. 2+ hours after their normal driver would deliver to them. I would blank stare them while they would rant to me that they needed their stuff ASAP and once they were done I would say, "I apologize for the inconvenience but I am the driver for xxxxx city and occassionally they cut this section to me. Again I apologize, but my regular customers come first. If you have any complaints you are more than welcome to call the 1-800 number." Never had a problem.

Re-Raise

On my old route they would cut businesses miles away to me and I wouldn't deliver them until my businesses were done first. 2+ hours after their normal driver would deliver to them. I would blank stare them while they would rant to me that they needed their stuff ASAP and once they were done I would say, "I apologize for the inconvenience but I am the driver for xxxxx city and occassionally they cut this section to me. Again I apologize, but my regular customers come first. If you have any complaints you are more than welcome to call the 1-800 number." Never had a problem.

Obviously you don't know how to logisticize the "AM side of your trace" effectively.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sadly the delivery driver is the one who has to listen to customers complain and act like late deliveries are the driver's fault when its totally beyond his control.

No usually I tell them exactly what happened and encourage them to call and complain.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What time did they get delivered? Were they not still on the AM side of the trace?

3% raise in SPC...volume did not come in as planned. Cut 2 routes to make SPC.

Area trace? The business have been placed somewhere between the 1000 and 8000 section on 4 routes.

Before you ask...we did all that before we even started the plan.

Area trace? The business have been placed somewhere between the 1000 and 8000 section on 4 routes.

When the kid who used to work at Best Buy on the Geek Squad comes in to run the new system where are you going to put your resume in at? :funny:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Why is management always surprised by volume but the customers are never surprised the package was a day early?

Johney

You're right and the problem is you're being told by some pimple faced 25 year old how to run your center from 1000 miles away, you know it's wrong and your sups know it's wrong and your drivers know it's wrong and to top it off you have one guy(dispatcher)in charge of trying to make it work. Failure from the top all the way down. Crap flows down hill and drivers are in the valley. You are just one step above. If you can sit there and tell me some bean counter doesn't set you up for failure on a daily basis, I'd have to say you're doing better than my manager(who is great)or you're lying.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ORION will not fail.

We will fail ORION.

I dont know much about the ORION program, nor do I need to. What I do know...is that it will fail because it will not be implemented correctly and it will be micromanaged into the ground from 500 miles away. We will chase irrelevant numbers instead of managing the business and taking care of the customers. SPC and ORION compliance will be the sole benchmark by which each center is judged, the reality of what is actually happening to the packages and our customers will be ignored. It will be like the Viet Nam war..... operational decisions will be made by out-of-touch bean counters with no comprehension of what happens on the battlefield. "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

The only thing that matters is cutting enough routes to hit the SPC metric. When a route gets cut 25 minutes before start time and the preload sup is running around screaming at his people to hurry up and get off the clock, the packages get flung wherever they will fit. Trace? AM side? Such distinctions only exist in the minds of cubicle dwellers. You speak of the theory, we work in the reality, and the customers get screwed.

DorkHead

Wait. Let me get this straight. Dragon, who is a center manager is at odds with Pretzel Man, who is a IE man????????????????
What is this company coming to???????????????

rod

Retired 22 years
When they started telling us not to give out our local centers number I started telling PO'ed customers that their best bet to get any satisfaction with their delivery problems was to show up at the UPS center about the same time as the center manager was giving the AM and to request a meeting with him. I used to silently laugh to myself when I got a glimps of one of my customers waitng in the wings to jump on the center manager. Of course this was back in the day when a center manager could actually do something about a problem.