Cutting hours from paycheck

Rsmith10

i want to know what can be done to stop my supervisors from cutting hours from my paycheck. i plan to take a notebook to write down my hours so i can calculate it myself and just want to know what other actions i can take to stop this from happening.
also this is a common thing in my hub that happens to both seniors and new hires

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i want to know what can be done to stop my supervisors from cutting hours from my paycheck. i plan to take a notebook to write down my hours so i can calculate it myself and just want to know what other actions i can take to stop this from happening.
also this is a common thing in my hub that happens to both seniors and new hires

Good luck. I record my hours everyday and it makes no difference. They pay me what they want to, no matter how many hours I work. :biting:

DS

Fenderbender
Good luck. I record my hours everyday and it makes no difference. They pay me what they want to, no matter how many hours I work. :biting:
That's logistics buddy:)
Besides,if we made as much as you,:happy-very:who's gonna quibble about an hour here and there.

Go to your union REP. and file a Grievance!!!!! do the math. if you are a 10$ an hour employee. figure if they take an hour a week x 52 weeks = 520$
if they do that to 100 people that's 52000 dollars profit.. in essence 2 people are working for free for a year..

menotyou

bella amicizia
You can ask for a printout of your daily timecard from OMS right after you clock out. Also, keep a separate notebook. Then, at end of following week, compare. If different, immediately take steward into office and demand pay. If they refuse, grieve for double pay, Article 50. Keep doing that. Demand a meeting with Division manager if it doesn't stop. Tell him you will be talking to District Attorney's office. It is theft.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do what I did, take your cell-phone to work and record pics of all of your punch in and punch out. Also write them down on a pad.

If you have an error for that week, then ask your OMS/FT sup for the operations report listing all of your hours for the week.

After you have that and your ducks are lined up, call your union hall and ask to speak with a BA and tell him/her about the shortages and proof you have that management are altering time cards/punches. Tell him you are going to file a grievance for all hours worked that are missing and also inform the Center/Division Manager (with a steward or rep ) that you will file corporate complaints and formal charges against the supervisor (or whatever mgmt employee) for theft.

UPS will always steal and cheat, however they will think twice about stealing and cheating you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
With the possible exception of Wal-Mart, I have never heard of a company that makes a more calculated and deliberate effort to screw people out of their money than UPS.

brownrod

Make sure you are not working before your official "start time." In my day as a part timer if we started working before our start time we had to have a pt sup change our start time in the computer. The time clock did not do this.

trickpony1

With the possible exception of Wal-Mart, I have never heard of a company that makes a more calculated and deliberate effort to screw people out of their money than UPS.

......so much for the "honesty and integrity" thing the company keeps spewing.

It's looking like the pristine, angelic image of management is starting to crumble.

Last edited:

packageguy

I would write my time on a pad everyday. When there was a problem I
would speak to supervisor once. after that I would call union hall, and
human resource. I would let them know supervisors fudging numbers.
Thank god I neve had a problem again.

Don't let them get away with that, that is your hard earned money. Goodluck

TUT

Yeah I don't know what is going on with Brown, but reading these forums, there are a lot of disturbing things going on. If you are paid hourly, expected to work the hours and then don't get paid and then you don't stand up for that! Then you won't be a union for much longer. You are supposed to be stronger than that and non-union shops the employees in general will make mention of this. This easily could become a huge legal issue. I don't understand how someone would allow this union or not.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"but reading these forums, there are a lot of disturbing things going on...."

Just be aware you are probably hearing (reading) from 1/10 of 1% of the UPS employees.....

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
"but reading these forums, there are a lot of disturbing things going on...."

Just be aware you are probably hearing (reading) from 1/10 of 1% of the UPS employees.....

...and only the happy ones!

It's a love/hate relationship. Everyone hates the place, but when faced with losing the hated job people fight like their life depends upon keeping it.

srvhero

"leastbest"
Call the wage and labor department in your area and file an official complaint. The wage and labor department will investigate.

jeepupser

Do what you said you were doing except question it immediately as soon as the paycheck comes otherwise it might not be a valid point.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah I don't know what is going on with Brown, but reading these forums, there are a lot of disturbing things going on. If you are paid hourly, expected to work the hours and then don't get paid and then you don't stand up for that! Then you won't be a union for much longer. You are supposed to be stronger than that and non-union shops the employees in general will make mention of this. This easily could become a huge legal issue. I don't understand how someone would allow this union or not.
Try reading the National Enquirer ... Even more disturbing stuff there and more believable.