Cutting hours from paycheck

QKRSTKR

Thats too bad if you let this go on. Were all adults here I think. It's your repsonsibility to make sure your pay and hours are correct. If I had any problems, they were always corrected.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thats too bad if you let this go on. Were all adults here I think. It's your repsonsibility to make sure your pay and hours are correct. If I had any problems, they were always corrected.
Don't they have a contractual and legal requirement to pay us correctly whether or not we have a timecard diary?

menotyou

bella amicizia
That is hard in a building where camera's aren't allowed and you can't get a printout from the computer. As I was told by a labor sup, the paper you write your hours on could be made up.

The pay that has been stolen from me and my co-workers was intentional. That is why my on-car isn't center manager anymore. How do you explain cutting someone from payroll altogether and paying them a sick day, instead? Just so your "numbers" were right?
I can supply the name of the person. I have lost thousands because of labor sups and lazy union reps. Yes, thousands. They use to have a system where if you used the center board your time wasn't transfered to computer. I had a record of time. Labor refused it and union sat they eating another hamburger, so to say.

This is where I admit a lot of the goings-on at my center probably don't happen everywhere. That is why my center is referred to by managers who don't work here as "The Black Hole".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That is hard in a building where camera's aren't allowed and you can't get a printout from the computer. As I was told by a labor sup, the paper you write your hours on could be made up.

The pay that has been stolen from me and my co-workers was intentional. That is why my on-car isn't center manager anymore. How do you explain cutting someone from payroll altogether and paying them a sick day, instead? Just so your "numbers" were right?
I can supply the name of the person. I have lost thousands because of labor sups and lazy union reps. Yes, thousands. They use to have a system where if you used the center board your time wasn't transfered to computer. I had a record of time. Labor refused it and union sat they eating another hamburger, so to say.

This is where I admit a lot of the goings-on at my center probably don't happen everywhere. That is why my center is referred to by managers who don't work here as "The Black Hole".

There are always problem pockets. I have been involved in 3 investigations for this type of activity and in one instance, UPS fired a division mgr, 2 managers and about 12 sups.
In my entire 38 yr career at UPS, I have never changed anything related to time on someone's time card. If there was a problem, I held the card or the submission and had the employee change and initial or login and make the changes themselves. No good reason for me to assume that risk. I've even had employees shorted a day's pay because they screwed up their timecard on a Friday ... it's their responsibility to get it right, not mine.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There are A LOT OF VERY GOOD AND HONORABLE MANAGERS AT UPS. I , unfortunately, have run into a few that aren't. Thank God, I live to giggle at life. I could be a HELL of a lot more jaded than I am, now. I don't like the amount in me, as it is. I don't even like the word.

Now, I am going to skip away while giggling. :woohoo:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are A LOT OF VERY GOOD AND HONORABLE MANAGERS AT UPS. I , unfortunately, have run into a few that aren't. Thank God, I live to giggle at life. I could be a HELL of a lot more jaded than I am, now. I don't like the amount in me, as it is. I don't even like the word.

Now, I am going to skip away while giggling. :woohoo:

Her are some other words from which you may choose one that you might like:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/jaded

What'dyabringmetoday???

There are always problem pockets. I have been involved in 3 investigations for this type of activity and in one instance, UPS fired a division mgr, 2 managers and about 12 sups.
In my entire 38 yr career at UPS, I have never changed anything related to time on someone's time card. If there was a problem, I held the card or the submission and had the employee change and initial or login and make the changes themselves. No good reason for me to assume that risk. I've even had employees shorted a day's pay because they screwed up their timecard on a Friday ... it's their responsibility to get it right, not mine.
Must have been many years ago that they "screwed up their timecard". I only mention this because everything seems to be electronic these days. So, who really screws it up? "Us" or "them" ?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you have to provide evidence that the actual pay is different than what it should be.
Ah yes. This from a company that signed a contract saying they would not allow people to work without getting paid, but yet every AM between 1/3-2/3's of drivers are on their cars. The same company that agrees not to let management do hourly work, but yet will tell in front of a BA that they will continue having management do hourly work, because you only catch them less than 10% of the time.

Honesty and integrity.

I only mention this because everything seems to be electronic these days. So, who really screws it up? "Us" or "them" ?
Now when you combine the above with this statement, the odds of a manager actually getting canned is very slim. And all it takes with the electronic punch is a few clicks of the mouse, and your production for the day becomes so much better.

IT happens. More than UPS would like to admit. And catching them doing it becomes harder and harder.

And the pitiful part of it is, that its the part timers they do it to the most. People that dont make that much to begin with anyway.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hoax

Honesty and integrity. What part of that is not there when a company signs a contract prohibiting an action, but yet will voluntarily violate that contract and brag about it, as long as they are not caught.

Getting caught doing something you promised you wouldnt do is not the issue. Its that you are doing it in the first place. Almost as good as "if they dont catch me stealing the stuff at the store, then Im not really a thief."

Honesty and integrity are core values. Either you have them in all your dealings or you dont.

Greed is just an excuse use by some to justify the lack of the two. But in reality, that is all it is, an excuse.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax

Honesty and integrity. What part of that is not there when a company signs a contract prohibiting an action, but yet will voluntarily violate that contract and brag about it, as long as they are not caught.

Getting caught doing something you promised you wouldnt do is not the issue. Its that you are doing it in the first place. Almost as good as "if they dont catch me stealing the stuff at the store, then Im not really a thief."

Honesty and integrity are core values. Either you have them in all your dealings or you dont.

Greed is just an excuse use by some to justify the lack of the two. But in reality, that is all it is, an excuse.

d

As tends to be the case Danny, your viewpoint is slanted against the company while mine is more balanced.

An objective person who read what was posted within the context of the surrounding context:
"Of course but the inherent implication is that you have to provide evidence that the actual pay is different than what it should be."
would recognize that there was no intent to be dishonest ... they just made a mistake.

If pond-building does not work out for you, perhaps you can replace Sean Hannity ... you already have the knack of taking things out of context and twisting them around. :wink2::wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
A mistake is taking a time card and mis-entering the data. Mistake.

The question of honesty and integrity is when data that has been collected is then doctored. Time cards changed. Electronic punches changed. This type of action does not happen by mistake, it is intentional. So therefor, no longer a mistake, but dishonest and shows a total lack of integrity.

My position is that a company that makes a contract, then intentionally violates that contract because the only downside is if they get caught, is lacking in integrity and honesty. Getting caught is not the action that is violating the contract. Getting caught only PROVES that the contract has been violated.

A proverb comes to mind. He who is able to be trusted with little things, can be trusted with large things, but the person that will steal a penny will steal a dollar.

While you might think of me as one sided, I only report what I have seen and documented first hand. I do find it interesting that you choose to defend blindly and suggest we are only making things up?

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
While you might think of me as one sided, I only report what I have seen and documented first hand. I do find it interesting that you choose to defend blindly and suggest we are only making things up?

A proverb comes to mind. He who is able to be trusted with little things, can be trusted with large things, but the person that will steal a penny will steal a dollar.

d

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you had been following this thread.
Earlier in the thread, I had posted that I had been involved in 3 investigations where more than 15 management people had been terminated for time card abuse.
My apologies for assuming you were informed. :wink2:
That perhaps is why you took my post out of context and it was apparently only a perception on my part that you had twisted things around to suit your purposes. Again, my apologies.

I am quite aware of your Biblical reference and it is a key attribute that forms the qualifications of being promoted into UPS management and progression in management.
It is actually a parable (not a proverb) and can be found in Luke 16 v10
10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

and the next two verses are interesting as well:

11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own?

Here is a parable you may have also heard, it is about the management of resources and returning a profit for the greedy owner of the invested money (commonly referred to as the talents parable) and is also another key qualification for being promoted into UPS management and progressing in management:

Matthew 25: 14-30
14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Here is a parable you may have also heard, it is about the management of resources and returning a profit for the greedy owner of the invested money
You really have a mental thingy about greedy, dont you? I dont recall him being refereed to as greedy in my version of the Bible. But then again, with all the different versions out there, who knows.

But getting back to greedy, you seem to be really hung up on that. If you will kindly note, I never once said greedy, it was you that injected it into the conversation. I just clarified that it was not greed I was addressing, but honesty and integrity.

I had posted that I had been involved in 3 investigations where more than 15 management people had been terminated for time card abuse.

I know you did. That is why, with someone that has witnessed it done on a wholesale level, that you try to diminish the continuation of the problem even now.

it is a key attribute that forms the qualifications of being promoted into UPS management and progression in management.
HMMM, sounds like there is a problem, dont it?
it is about the management of resources and returning a profit for the greedy owner of the invested money (commonly referred to as the talents parable) and is also another key qualification for being promoted into UPS management and progressing in management:

Now, taken as a whole, this statement is very telling. Management of money by a greedy owner (UPS), who promotes management, and allows fast tracking of management that assist in the greedy owner to make even more money. So that is what you are saying? And trying to misuse the Bible to back your claim that your greedy owner has the right to develop you into greedy people as well? OR what is it that you are trying to say? After all, no where in what you managed to quote does it address greed. You keep putting it into every conversation, and then defending it.

BTW, Satan knows the Bible as well as anyone. Knowing it, and being able to quote it are one thing, living it, another.

d