Da Gym

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Complete the following survey....cuz I'm bored and curious, but mostly bored.

1) Do you have a gym membership?

2) Do you go?

3) Before work or after?

4) Do you shower there or go home sweaty & shower @ home?

5) If you shower @ the gym, do you wear some kind of shower shoes/sandals to avoid getting athlete's foot?

6) Is it a national chain, local/regional chain, standalone gym?

7) Do you make use of any extras or just traditional machines/free weights/cardio?

8) Is your gym open 24 hours/late hours?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1) Not yet but I plan on getting one after I start my 22.3 job.

2) I am frugal so if I am paying for something I am going to use it.

3) Before work (shift starts at 1 pm)

4) I plan on showering at home.

5) See above.

6) Planet Fitness is the gym that I am looking at.

7) I am hoping that they will set me with a training program.

8) Yes.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Yes

2) Do you go?
Yes

3) Before work or after?
After. I wish I could be a morning person, but so far I just can't do it.

Shower there

5) If you shower @ the gym, do you wear some kind of shower shoes/sandals to avoid getting athlete's foot?
I bought some plastic sandals/flip flop things out of fear of athlete's foot, but absolutely hate using them

national chain

7) Do you make use of any extras or just traditional machines/free weights/cardio?
Yes! I have a premium membership that includes some extras like hydromassage, Beauty Angel™ infrared light therapy, unlimited tanning, free personal training, etc. The water massage thing is awesome.

24 hours during the week then 12 hours a day on the weekend.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
$10/month with a $39 membership fee at Planet Fitness.
I just signed up with Planet Fitness. Go for it. They're great so far if you aren't into bodybuilding. Their free weights section is pretty limited, no barbells, dumbbells don't go as high as other places and if you drop weights, grunt too loud, etc they actually sound a loud alarm called a "lunk alarm" to embarrass you.

I went with the 19.99 a month instead of the $10 a month because it makes it so I can go to any location I want, free tanning (I only tan a little in the late winter/early spring to fix eczema), hydomassage (it feels sooo good).

It also includes their new infrared light thing they call Total Body Enhancement by Beauty Angel from Europe. In a nutshell they use a brand new infrared light technology to stimulate collagen production in the skin. I thought it was BS at first but if you have stretch marks from weight gain/loss it actually helps with that and reduces wrinkles, etc. It has a built in variable vibrating thing that is supposed to tone muscles and tighten loose skin too. I'm not a chick so don't care about the wrinkles thing, but I've gained/lost a lot of weight in the past multiple times so if it helps with loose skin/stretch marks and is free I figure it can't hurt.

The 19.99 has no startup fee if you sign up by March 31st. Both the $10 and the 19.99 have an annual $39 fee charged in June.

Gear

Parts on Order

---yes

2) Do you go?
---yes

3) Before work or after?
---Before work, at 10am. I work a late evening shift

---I shower after work before bed. I see no reason to shower after the gym before going to work.

---N/A

---standalone gym. Dungeon gym, full of steroid users and a few women.

---Free weights, machines if Im not feeling well.

---24/7

$28 an month for me. $20 a month for my wife

Yes
2) Do you go?
Yes
3) Before work or after?
Before
There
Yes
Standalone

Free weights/cardio

Yes, I have a key to go whenever I want

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1) No

2) Naturally buffed

3) N/A

4) Who sweats?

5) Foot fetish?

6) P-700 is my gym

7) Over 70's.

8) Bar closes at 2 AM by law.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Oh friend* yeah I do.

2) Do you go?
Absolutely.

3) Before work or after?
Before, first thing in the morning. Unless I'm on preload that day, then right after.

If I go first thing I don't really sweat that much so I don't shower until the end of the day. If I go after preload, I shower when I get home. No shower at my gym anyway.

Not applicable.

Independently owned, local standalone gym.

Only traditional machines, racks, and free weights at this gym. No cardio machines.

Members get their own key to use the gym at any time.

EXTRA: $20 monthly charge.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I just signed up with Planet Fitness. Go for it. They're great so far if you aren't into bodybuilding. Their free weights section is pretty limited, no barbells, dumbbells don't go as high as other places and if you drop weights, grunt too loud, etc they actually sound a loud alarm called a "lunk alarm" to embarrass you.

I went with the 19.99 a month instead of the $10 a month because it makes it so I can go to any location I want, free tanning (I only tan a little in the late winter/early spring to fix eczema), hydomassage (it feels sooo good).

It also includes their new infrared light thing they call Total Body Enhancement by Beauty Angel from Europe. In a nutshell they use a brand new infrared light technology to stimulate collagen production in the skin. I thought it was BS at first but if you have stretch marks from weight gain/loss it actually helps with that and reduces wrinkles, etc. It has a built in variable vibrating thing that is supposed to tone muscles and tighten loose skin too. I'm not a chick so don't care about the wrinkles thing, but I've gained/lost a lot of weight in the past multiple times so if it helps with loose skin/stretch marks and is free I figure it can't hurt.

The 19.99 has no startup fee if you sign up by March 31st. Both the $10 and the 19.99 have an annual $39 fee charged in June.
Good god
How fat are ya if you have to worry about stretch marks?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Steroids is the way to go!

th

rod

Retired 22 years
1. Yes--paid for by my supplemental insurance plan

2. 3 days a week

3. Mostly around 11 am

4. Depends on if I'm coming right home

5. I've got my Homer Simpson flip-flops

6. YMCA

7. Sometimes I swim a few laps but mostly treadmill, Cybex machines and free weights

8. Open from 6 am until 9 pm.