Daddy songs and words...

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
What songs rip your heart from you very soul as a Father, Mother or an adult that will always be someone's lil boy or girl.

Songs and Word's for Father's Day...

"You know how much I love you, Daddy, But if you
don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time."

Why does this need to hurt so much...will it ever stop hurting?

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Mike & the Mechanics,,"living Years" this song has always got to me, last time I saw my dad was to tell him we were having another baby.Next day he died unexpected.The grandaughter he never saw came 7 months later about the time this song come out. I miis him stil everyday!!!

bigbrownhen

Daddy's Hands: "Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin, Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I done wrong", "Daddy's hands working til they bled".
I can't remember who sings it, but it's one of my favorites to sing along with when I catch it on the radio.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Daddy's Hands: "Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin, Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I done wrong", "Daddy's hands working til they bled".
I can't remember who sings it, but it's one of my favorites to sing along with when I catch it on the radio.

Holly Dunn

I remember Daddy´s hands, folded silently in prayer.
And reaching out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
You could read quite a story, in the callouses and lines.
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
I remember Daddy´s hands, how they held my Mama tight,
And patted my back, for something done right.
There are things that I´ve forgotten, that I loved about the man,
But I´ll always remember the love in Daddy´s hands.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle
But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.

I remember Daddy´s hands, working 'til they bled.
Sacrificed unselfishly, just to keep us all fed.
If I could do things over, I´d live my life again.
And never take for granted the love in Daddy´s hands.

There was always love in Daddy´s hands.

There was always love .....
In Daddy´s hands.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Pass, bitter sweet story. Thanks for sharing it. Here's Dad song that fits the occasion pretty well. THe video may not as much as the song its self.

Half The Dad He Didn't Have To Be

Covemastah

I have a similar experience Cover. My Stepmother and Dad were supposed to come from Missouri for Thanksgiving. The night they were suppose to be here he had a massive heart attack around 3:00 A.M.
Approximately a week and a half after his funeral we found out that my wife was pregnant.(My wife was never "suppose to be able" to have children according to 3 doctors!!)
Anyways, in August of 01' we had our one and only child! I always thank my Dad for what he did for me and my wife.....when I lay down every night or when I see my son do something that reminds me of me when I was a kid! "Thanks Dad for blessing me with a wonderful son!"

This was my paternal father whom I only got to see one week out of the year for only 14 years of my life (if that). Before he passed away in November of 2000, I lived near him for 3 years and got to know him VERY well. Honestly I never had to meet him, all I needed to do was look back and look at myself :wink2:
As far as The Mike & The Mechanics song, it always hits me when I hear it.

I am also am thankful for the Man that raised me. My step-Dad is the one that I owe my thanks to for giving me the life I have now. He is the best Father a son could have (I learned most everything I know from him.) Learned things the hard way sometimes, but he ALWAYS knew what was best for me, and still does sometimes.at 37 years old I still call him when I have certain questions that I need a little guidance with. The man is great with money!! When I was 25, I purchased my own house and had it paid for in 10 years!! I learned my mechanical knowledge from him and too many other things to mention.

As far a song that I dedicate to him for Fathers Day and everyday is this:
watch
YouTube - Travis Tritt - Where Corn Don't Grow (live)

BTW HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL!!
nice story your a credit to your dad!!!:happy2:

Covemastah

I am sorry for your sudden loss, the kind of loss that doesn't allow you to prepare for that moment. We can never know what the next day will take from us....the blessing was he left his earthly body knowing the son he loved and cherished was bringing another soul into our world with the love and support of your child's mother.

I wasn’t there that morning
When my father passed away
I didn’t get to tell him
All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I’m sure I heard his echo
In my baby’s new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
thanks ,means alot !!!!

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you like country, I would say John Michael Montgomery's "I Miss You a Little" is a good one or rough one depending on how you look at it. Also Alan Jackson's "Drive (for Daddy Gene)"-pretty much fits for just about anybody if you listen to it. Disclaimer-I may or may not have the song title right.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
If you like country, I would say John Michael Montgomery's "I Miss You a Little" is a good one or rough one depending on how you look at it. Also Alan Jackson's "Drive (for Daddy Gene)"-pretty much fits for just about anybody if you listen to it. Disclaimer-I may or may not have the song title right.

I have always liked the John Michael Montgomery song!!

To tell you the truth, I seem to miss how how my dad sounded, smelled etc. a little bit more everyday, but I have never forgot the things we did together the time he was alive.

I have always liked the John Michael Montgomery song!!

To tell you the truth, I seem to miss how how my dad sounded, smelled etc. a little bit more everyday, but I have never forgot the things we did together the time he was alive.
This may sound funny to some people, I know I had never thought about it, but most people have a smell. It's not a bad smell, nor a good smell, just an identifying smell.
A couple of years after my Dad passed away I was at my Mom's visiting and she kept stopping by where I was setting and would lean over and just put her head on my shoulder, kind of like a quick hug. This wasn't so unusual accept for the number of times. Finally after a couple of hours of this, she said that I smelled like Dad.
Pass, I still miss my Dad everyday after 12 years and there are many ways that it manifests in my mind. At times it is a sweat memory, others a bitter sweat recollection of smoe little pharse he would drop on us from time to time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The memories will always be there ... my Dad passed away 24 years ago and I still hear his voice sometimes at night when I start to drift off or when I wake up. Those are good moments.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
This may sound funny to some people, I know I had never thought about it, but most people have a smell. It's not a bad smell, nor a good smell, just an identifying smell.
A couple of years after my Dad passed away I was at my Mom's visiting and she kept stopping by where I was setting and would lean over and just put her head on my shoulder, kind of like a quick hug. This wasn't so unusual accept for the number of times. Finally after a couple of hours of this, she said that I smelled like Dad.
Pass, I still miss my Dad everyday after 12 years and there are many ways that it manifests in my mind. At times it is a sweat memory, others a bitter sweat recollection of smoe little pharse he would drop on us from time to time.

My Dad had this goofy laugh when he would laugh REAL hard....My son has this EXACT same laugh!! I think it is Gods way to make sure that my son has a part of my Dad in him and to NEVER forget what he may have done for me when he passed away...