Daily driver logs

The Man

Does anyone keep track of they're daily activities while on a route?
And if you do what setup to you have in your notebook?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
what do you mean? I kept a daily log of hours , the weather if snowing, raining etc. if I had to chain up so I knew how many times I chained for the winter. anything unusual like delays due to accidents or delays for anything so I could answer management if that topic came up. also kept notes about conversations with management or notes for potential grievances.

also used said notebook to record expenses, bills, phone numbers, family info , etc.

I kept a notebook for every year I worked. those books make for some interesting reading after 20-25 years. I keep them in a fireproof safe for generations to come. serious.

ManInBrown

Hours tracker on iPhone. Keeps track of everything. Has a section at the bottom for notes. I input stops for day. How many NDA. If anything unusual happens during the day to delay me. The only downside is it's a pay app. Well worth it though.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hours tracker on iPhone. Keeps track of everything. Has a section at the bottom for notes. I input stops for day. How many NDA. If anything unusual happens during the day to delay me. The only downside is it's a pay app. Well worth it though.
don't have an iphone so had to use the ancient way , lol

but ya, that's good for you. CYA. when i first started a senior driver recommended a notebook. he said " you're gonna need it ." at the time i didnt know what he was talking about but i learned.

Just the basics. Start time , leave building time. How many stops and packages. Different areas and anything out of the ordinary. Like helping someone, traffic or weather conditions.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just the basics. Start time , leave building time. How many stops and packages. Different areas and anything out of the ordinary. Like helping someone, traffic or weather conditions.
It's a pretty heinous state this company is in when you have to carry around notebooks on the :censored2: that goes on instead of just going to work and doing a job. I didn't document this much when I was cop!

scooby0048

28 years in and I have never felt that I needed to document my day.
Normally I wouldn't feel the need to do it either but after a center manager flat out told me to lie about a work injury happening somewhere else, I suddenly felt the need to keep good notes on out of the ordinary events and discrepancies.

I don't care about stop count, miles, pkgs or things like that until I have a reason to care.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A similar option for Android phones is an app called Color Note.
It syncs to your Google account and other devices, so if you lose or change phones, you don't lose your notes.
Notebooks work, but these apps take it up to the next level.
I highly recommend them.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'll take a picture every now and then of a stupid Diad message they send out wanting me to do something that might backfire.

scooby0048

A similar option for Android phones is an app called Color Note.
It syncs to your Google account and other devices, so if you lose or change phones, you don't lose your notes.
Notebooks work, but these apps take it up to the next level.
I highly recommend them.

Sometimes old fashioned notes are the way to go. I'm not arguing the benefit of a smart device but something to remember is they time-stamp stuff and it would be Murphy's Law, that someone would use a device to take notes, or record some action, and then try to use it during a grievance only to later have the company use it against you as stealing time or some other loophole violation.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Time recorder app on droid. Hours with lunch total stops and pieces and if anything happened on road during the day in the notes section. Backs up weekly onto Google drive

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sometimes old fashioned notes are the way to go. I'm not arguing the benefit of a smart device but something to remember is they time-stamp stuff and it would be Murphy's Law, that someone would use a device to take notes, or record some action, and then try to use it during a grievance only to later have the company use it against you as stealing time or some other loophole violation.
They are my notes, so they will see what I want them to see, just like paper notes.
I don't subscribe to the notion that I can't document an incident on the clock.
I'd love to argue that notion.

scooby0048

I don't subscribe to the notion that I can't document an incident on the clock.
I'd love to argue that notion.
I don't either, but playing Devil's advocate here. I will gladly take a picture of my DIAD when they say crazy things and will deal with the consequences later if I have to.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I use HoursTracker just to document my hours to make sure I'm not shorted at the end of the week. Haven't had any problems yet.