dannyboy>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
hey, i can't have a fan?!?!

serisouly, I am from the east coast.

If you pull in enough sales in my center to get me working and off the daily on call torchure then I'll be your fan.

I'll go to your center and cook you burgers on the grill for lunch even.

Serious thought now, UPS wants us to bring in sales leads while we sweet to make all our commitments with no real time to connect with our consumers. Why not give us that are on call a 4 hour day pay day during our lay-off with our browns on focusing on sales leads.

I honestly would do it. If I'm off a week straight then throw me a bone on a Friday. Bring me in to hit some areas and try to bring us some growth.I could tail a Fed exer on his route keeping tabs on were his bulk is going and talk to that stop after he leaves.

I get a few hours pay (at my top rate of course) and we get more opportunities at a lead.

It's hard to represent when your in a frantic sweaty rush worring about your route . But when your laid off and starving for work you get a more productive guy who can act on a sales lead more sencerly and in a real profesional manner.

In Sales you have a lot riding on your presentation which you lose from a guy screaming threw a route that he's running blind.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you pull in enough sales in my center to get me working and off the daily on call torchure then I'll be your fan.

Serious thought now, UPS wants us to bring in sales leads while we sweet to make all our commitments with no real time to connect with our consumers. Why not give us that are on call a 4 hour day pay day during our lay-off with our browns on focusing on sales leads.

I honestly would do it. If I'm off a week straight then throw me a bone on a Friday. Bring me in to hit some areas and try to bring us some growth.I could tail a Fed exer on his route keeping tabs on were his bulk is going and talk to that stop after he leaves.

I get a few hours pay (at my top rate of course) and we get more opportunities at a lead.

It's hard to represent when your in a frantic sweaty rush worring about your route . But when your laid off and starving for work you get a more productive guy who can act on a sales lead more sencerly and in a real profesional manner.

In Sales you have a lot riding on your presentation which you lose from a guy screaming threw a route that he's running blind.

I agree, great idea, seems they are short on help.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
interesting concept, backlasher. there is a freight company around here called averitt express that pay the drivers a bonus on the volume they pick up - at one of my accounts, the averitt driver was there on his day off helping wrap skids....of course, being at UPS, it made me mad because I want that freight business, but now the customer knows he gets a bonus and are now invested in this guy. we do pay the drivers based on new volume generated by a sales lead, but it is very confusing.

the number one problem is how short we are on help...but that isnt an excuse for not following up on a good lead.

if I were to say where i was from, i bet there are a few drivers on this board that could vouch i am a good guy and I might actually have some "fans"

tourists24

Not a whole lot Salesguy is gonna do for ya.... Mgt is cutting runs here left and right. They say volume is down but the drivers who are on the road are working crazy hours. They CAN put some more drivers on, they just dont. Seems like it's feast or famine. I feel for you. Hope things get better

BrownArmy

Hey we have enough for a bocce ball team. He is from the East coast.7t0Isn't bocce ball big out there?

My wife just bought a cheap-o Bocce ball set. I have to say, Bocce ball ROCKS! Lawn bowling!

I'm near Boston, and Bocce is huge in the North End - evidently you can go and watch the old-school Bocce players in competition courts.

This is all probably off topic, but what exactly is the topic?

My wife just bought a cheap-o Bocce ball set. I have to say, Bocce ball ROCKS! Lawn bowling!

I'm near Boston, and Bocce is huge in the North End - evidently you can go and watch the old-school Bocce players in competition courts.

Ya I just got into bocce ball a few weeks ago. Someone brought it to a Sloshball game we were playing. Now Sloshball is a game!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
interesting concept, backlasher. there is a freight company around here called averitt express that pay the drivers a bonus on the volume they pick up - at one of my accounts, the averitt driver was there on his day off helping wrap skids....of course, being at UPS, it made me mad because I want that freight business, but now the customer knows he gets a bonus and are now invested in this guy. we do pay the drivers based on new volume generated by a sales lead, but it is very confusing.

the number one problem is how short we are on help...but that isnt an excuse for not following up on a good lead.

if I were to say where i was from, i bet there are a few drivers on this board that could vouch i am a good guy and I might actually have some "fans"
I don't care if you're a bad guy, sale, you'd just better be damned good at sales, because you suck at making friends, LOL.:wink2:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

sorry, i missed this. nothing but a disagreement that went horribly wrong!...hopefully this thread will be deleted shortly

satellitedriver

1.Do you want help with your UPS Service issues,
2. do you want to keep shipping FedEx?
3.do you want to provide a sales lead (that your driver could get credit for) for your supplier who ships fedex so we can "try" to work to enhance their operation.
4. to move volume to UPS?

simple question. yes or no.
You call your post a single Yes or No question?
This is my answer, as a "service provider" for UPS.

#1. No, a customer only wants timely service, not issues from UPS.
#2. Yes, when they provide a consistent service at a competitive price.
#3. No, the shipper chose to use FedEx and the customer is satisfied with the "SERVICE" that UPS has failed to provide.The customer has no reason to "turn in a sales lead", to improve UPS volume.
#4. Volume does not equate to customer service.
-( #4 is not really a question, just a prepositional phrase that needed to be addressed)
-

Your questions are single minded, not simple.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
You call your post a single Yes or No question?
This is my answer, as a "service provider" for UPS.

#1. No, a customer only wants timely service, not issues from UPS.
#2. Yes, when they provide a consistent service at a competitive price.
#3. No, the shipper chose to use FedEx and the customer is satisfied with the "SERVICE" that UPS has failed to provide.The customer has no reason to "turn in a sales lead", to improve UPS volume.
#4. Volume does not equate to customer service.
-( #4 is not really a question, just a prepositional phrase that needed to be addressed)-

Your questions are single minded, not simple.

aww man, you suck. are you really going to make me respond to this?

I wanted to help IMPROVE the service, he doesnt want help. i am trying to break the notion that volume = customer service. shesh.

yes, you want help, or no, you are satisfied with the status quo.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i ain't kissing his ass and paying his retirement at the same time

Dude, I know you are good at kissing ass, but you are not my type. I know there are others on this site that would die for that offer though, keep on fishing.

Secondly, knowing your published great disdain for drivers, I thought I might mention that you are not paying my retirement, I earned it, one day at a time. And it was not by posting on this board.

As to you helping me, no thanks, I believe I have your supervisor that PMed me while you were ranting and kissing me off. I'm sure I am in capable hands, at least I know he is mentally stable.

As for the rest of the thread, you can delete both for all I care. I tried to make my point, but he is not interested in changing things, only finding fault with everyone that does not become a lemming.

d

satellitedriver

yes, you want help, or no, you are satisfied with the status quo.
In all dannys posts he has already answered your simplistic question before you even asked it.
Define your use of the term "status quo "?
Status quo means the way things are, in present tense.
Since dannyboy is a customer of UPS and a retired UPS service provider, he remembers when service, to the customer, was the status quo.
Now,
service to the customer is "status quo ante."

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
dude, first.... that green color and font is terrible. it makes me think of baby poop.

second, status quo is USING FEDEX TODAY. if he is "happy with the status quo, then he is happy using fedex". duh. you are looking waaaaay to deep into my posts. i take it as a compliment.

please stop focusing on the negative. customers switch to UPS all the time because the service they are getting from our competition is crap. not every UPS customer is unhappy with their service.

edit: you seem to have taken the "simple man" comment from another thread personally. i'll have to remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.