Dark Brown Lies

OPTION3

Wow.....it's simple......if "rock" threatened her......he should be terminated or reassigned.....UPS management protects their own no matter what

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just want to let the UPS'ers know that Debbie Simpson left a message on her website for the BrownCafe people.

I just hope she realizes that most of us don't hate UPS here. We vent about work with fellow co-workers, talk about the latest gimmicks and issues, and laugh about how they jump over quarters to chase nickels. I enjoy my job and enjoy the life working at UPS affords me. It's a military environment for the unmilitary. We all know it's not for everyone.

Her situation is a legal matter and in this day and age, you can blindly put any company name where UPS is in her book. Stuff like that probably happens.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
google Dark Brown Lies

I knew what the thread was referring to. Unfortunately, UPS is a big company, and there will always be people being harassed and discriminated against. Sad, but true.

As for the book, it's just another UPS exposé, not the first and certainly not the last.

I do hope the best for her.

I just hope she realizes that most of us don't hate UPS here. We vent about work with fellow co-workers, talk about the latest gimmicks and issues, and laugh about how they jump over quarters to chase nickels. I enjoy my job and enjoy the life working at UPS affords me. It's a military environment for the unmilitary. We all know it's not for everyone.

Her situation is a legal matter and in this day and age, you can blindly put any company name where UPS is in her book. Stuff like that probably happens.
Well said.

4sBuzKD.gif

Packmule

Well said!

browned out

How many times has UPS management lied in grievance hearings, panel hearings and courts of law? Not just possible lies; lies that were easily proven. Way too many. A very unethical and hypocritical company. This kind of management dishonesty ends up taking peoples livelihoods. Best case scenario for UPS is the person just goes away. Next best case scenario is they write a book to detail the retaliation, dishonesty, discrimination and lack of ethics from brown. In Joe's "book" the next step in his disciplinary progression for management is termination... as in Joe terminated his supervisors for being dishonest and retaliatory. There is no excuse or justification for violence in the workplace; But in Joe's case there was definitely a reason. Joe was driven to madness. From what I have heard since that horrible shooting is that UPS had; at least temporarily; toned down their harassment and dishonest disciplinary action. It is a tragedy that it cost 3 people their lives.

Dark Brown Lies is a testament to what happens if you try to hold Big Brown to it's own integrity and dishonesty policies. I highly recommend it.
This book details many of the dishonest, unethical practices UPS gets away with while 100's if not 1000's of UPS employees have been discharged unjustly. UPS corporate policy regarding retaliation and integrity is no joke...it is a farce. UPS has the unlimited resources to fight these cases and the ability to pressure it's management employees into acting with no integrity.

http://darkbrownlies.com/ is the website for Ms. Simpsons horrible all too real UPS story.

reginald95

How many times has UPS management lied in grievance hearings, panel hearings and courts of law? Not just possible lies; lies that were easily proven. Way too many. A very unethical and hypocritical company. This kind of management dishonesty ends up taking peoples livelihoods. Best case scenario for UPS is the person just goes away. Next best case scenario is they write a book to detail the retaliation, dishonesty, discrimination and lack of ethics from brown. In Joe's "book" the next step in his disciplinary progression for management is termination... as in Joe terminated his supervisors for being dishonest and retaliatory. There is no excuse or justification for violence in the workplace; But in Joe's case there was definitely a reason. Joe was driven to madness. From what I have heard since that horrible shooting is that UPS had; at least temporarily; toned down their harassment and dishonest disciplinary action. It is a tragedy that it cost 3 people their lives.

Dark Brown Lies is a testament to what happens if you try to hold Big Brown to it's own integrity and dishonesty policies. I highly recommend it.
This book details many of the dishonest, unethical practices UPS gets away with while 100's if not 1000's of UPS employees have been discharged unjustly. UPS corporate policy regarding retaliation and integrity is no joke...it is a farce. UPS has the unlimited resources to fight these cases and the ability to pressure it's management employees into acting with no integrity.

http://darkbrownlies.com/ is the website for Ms. Simpsons horrible all too real UPS story.

No excuse to kill people in cold blood. If you do at least don't be a coward and stay alive to face your punishment.

browned out

Why would I want to read a book from someone who did not learn to survive within the UPS culture ?
I lasted 39 yrs , I experienced it all and am able to leave on my own terms .

It is very unlikely that you experienced it all. If you have; more power to you. I have not experienced it all, but I have proven UPS managers dishonesty and retaliation and beat those dirty friend's at their own game on their home court. Not everyone one has what we got; baba. The book is very useful. It helps to enlighten UPS employees who are discharged due to dishonest, retaliatory, unethical management statements. It shows that the UPS policies of integrity and honesty do not apply to management. The book helps employees decide if they want to fight for justice or just get run over by UPS. If you are under the radar; stay there.

If someone deserves to be discharged; so be it. But UPS needs to get off their pedestal, take off their blind folds and start acting with the integrity and no retaliation policies it claims to be paramount.