Dating a fellow UPS driver..

Well this is my first thread attempt and I hope it hasn't been done to death? Anyways I'm a fresh driver up here in Red Deer Alberta Canada.. And well my point is I have a crush on a fellow driver here in my small centre.. I don't really talk to her but trust me I look at her and into those blues eyes and well I just loose a second of life.. Ya ya I know get a life lol.. Hey I'ma hopeless romantic and ya kinda shy and well they taught us at the new seminar that UPS frowns on employee's dating others.. Franky who the hell cares but anyways..

I was kinda alone with her this evening but noooo I didn't have the diads to say something lol.. Anyways just wanted to share and anyone else have any kinda thing like this happen to them?

Take care everyone:peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
.................Didn't have the diads to say anything.........................

That has got to be one of the funniest lines I have heard. Great. :rofl:

Big Babooba

Dear Big Babooba,Well this is my first thread attempt and I hope it hasn't been done to death? Anyways I'm a fresh driver up here in Red Deer Alberta Canada.. And well my point is I have a crush on a fellow driver here in my small centre.. I don't really talk to her but trust me I look at her and into those blues eyes and well I just loose a second of life.. Ya ya I know get a life lol.. Hey I'ma hopeless romantic and ya kinda shy and well they taught us at the new seminar that UPS frowns on employee's dating others.. Franky who the hell cares but anyways..

I was kinda alone with her this evening but noooo I didn't have the diads to say something lol.. Anyways just wanted to share and anyone else have any kinda thing like this happen to them?

I never thought I'd be writing advice for the lovelorn, but here it goes. It didn't happen to me personally, but through the years I can think of at least five couples who walked down the aisle. From one hopeless romantic and kinda shy guy to another - Go for it! If she says no, then you'll know. That's better than wondering the rest of your life. Who knows, she may have the same feelings for you! P.S.- Name your first kid after me!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I never thought I'd be writing advice for the lovelorn, but here it goes. It didn't happen to me personally, but through the years I can think of at least five couples who walked down the aisle. From one hopeless romantic and kinda shy guy to another - Go for it! If she says no, then you'll know. That's better than wondering the rest of your life. Who knows, she may have the same feelings for you! P.S.- Name your first kid after me!
You are a romantic aren't you? Baby babooba. Has a ring to it. LOL

DS

Fenderbender
Little brown boy,grit your teeth and ask her if she wants to meet at timmys,maybe she is looking for a friend .You just never know ,she may be willing to offer a few diad tips and tricks.
As far as ups goes,you are young,life is long and they dont have to know about your little relationship if it does blossom.
2 ups drivers could do very well as far as raising a family goes.
If they find out,one of you may have to make a career change,but true love endures all.

over9five

Staff member
i laughed out loud at "i didnt have the diads to talk to her"

Me too, that was awesome!

Nothing at all management can do about hourlys going out together or even gettin' hitched. Problems may arise if one of you decided to go into management.

SoOOOOOO.....Grow some DIADS!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Me too, that was awesome!

Nothing at all management can do about hourlys going out together or even gettin' hitched. Problems may arise if one of you decided to go into management.

SoOOOOOO.....Grow some DIADS!!!!

I can see this becoming another STUG thing. :happy-very:

thanks for the comments everyone!! I have another quote, "may the brown be with you".. I'm sure that ones been done lol.. But yes I am going to talk to her and frankly I could care less what any employer thinks all though I have dated upper management b4 but somewhere else. Well it didnt work out but that was then.

And well dating in Red Deer is tough and stupid, its all the oil and money eh, either you have money or you don't, you either drink, do drugs or you don't and well RD has the highest divorce rate in Canada so there you go lol.. But hey if we give up we die sorta, so ya my diads need to be kicked.. I'll try to ask her tomorrow, yes try I just don't need others finding out and buggging us lol..

Well thanks everyone, I love this place! Take care

paidslave

Well this is my first thread attempt and I hope it hasn't been done to death? Anyways I'm a fresh driver up here in Red Deer Alberta Canada.. And well my point is I have a crush on a fellow driver here in my small centre.. I don't really talk to her but trust me I look at her and into those blues eyes and well I just loose a second of life.. Ya ya I know get a life lol.. Hey I'ma hopeless romantic and ya kinda shy and well they taught us at the new seminar that UPS frowns on employee's dating others.. Franky who the hell cares but anyways..

To each is own! I would not recommend this at all, mixing business with pleasure. One of you will wind up quiting and it will probably be her. But if you do decide to get lots of overtime to support her while you can. At least she will understand the UPS mentality by then!

Good luck and keep us filled in....

upsdavz

LMAO, I have worked at ups in Alberta for many years, don't worry about dating your co-worker! I have lost count of how many managers/supervisors have hooked up with hourly employees over the years. We even have family members working together in my centre (years ago that would have been unheard of). GOOD LUCK!!!!

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Don't defecate where you eat.

A workplace romance ended up in a court room at my old center when the relationship soured. Though this is an extreme example, one of those involved was fired and had to fight to get their job back.

I don't even recommend forming close friendships with co-workers so maybe I am the wrong person to comment on this thread. I just feel when it comes to your job you should minimize relationships that may wind up having a negative effect on your career.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
My dad always told me, "Don't get your meat where you get your bread". I have seen it go both ways and sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. Workplace romance can be very touchy, but seems like you have the sense of humor to deal with it. Good luck.

There is nothing in the contract to stop you. Well, unless you're local supplement does so. Out side of that, UPS can do nothing about it.
I can understand about not wanting other workers there knowing about this attraction at this time, but it works out like you want it doesn't matter either.
JJJ and Bub both have good points, if this doesn't work out it could get uncomfortable to work together, but two adults should be able to handle it.
I say go for it without too much expectation. Let us know how it goes.

I am not going to be dumb about it thats for sure, by the way goodmorning..But ya I respect all my fellow drivers (were a driver run centre) and I would never jeopardize both parties, hell I'm just going to ask to go for a walk or something gotta start out as freinds first off anyways.. And if nothing works thats fine, lifes about going out and taking a step, now all depends what shoes your wearing and what your walking on.. Ok that was a bad analogy lol.. Ok off to work..

Be safe all and all the coments have been welcome..

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Good luck in your pursuit of love! Your humor will help you through the tough times. It's funny working at UPS reminds me of the old soap operas, there are backstabbers, lovers, heros, villians and still a lot of good people too. I know of 3 couples in my building that found love and made it work. They all have been married at least 5 - 20 years now. There have have also been couples that had fun while it lasted.