Day 28

Notcool

So I'm on day 28 of 30. I worked on reload for ten yrs. Did a little seasonal driving last year. The main super rides with me Friday and Monday. I have scratched probably 10 days or so and came under but.... that's with limited lunches. I've had some close calls where I feel I probably should have been dq'd but I'm still here. The route I'm training on is one of the heaviest or right there with the top on stops and pieces. I don't get why you put a new driver on that. My main problems are sorting my truck/organization because I don't take the time and parking in the best places when having to turn around. Sounds like easy things to fix but it's a challenge when working at a good pace. I've learned that drivers earn every penny. And I feel UPS truly care for safety because unsafe drivers cost lives and them Money.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My main problems are sorting my truck/organization because I don't take the time and parking in the best places when having to turn around. Sounds like easy things to fix but it's a challenge when working at a good pace.

This is something you kind of learn over time. And they don't train drivers to sort their trucks anymore. UPS brainiacs think that we live in a cardboard utopia and the trucks are loaded in the exact order as to which they will be delivered and you should just be able to look at the HIN on the DIAD and be able to go directly to that shelf and find the package without looking. This is not the case 98.7% of the time. Other drivers can show you how it's done but we all do it our own way, some are just better at it than others.

Like Clock said, do what you need for the next two days and make book, then settle in and enjoy the ride. You'll get it in due time.

JustAnotherSup

Work safe. Follow the methods. Work as instructed. Make every effort to achieve perfect service for your customers. Do the best job that you can.

Do this for the next 2 days, and then do it for every day of your career. You've got this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is something you kind of learn over time. And they don't train drivers to sort their trucks anymore. UPS brainiacs think that we live in a cardboard utopia and the trucks are loaded in the exact order as to which they will be delivered and you should just be able to look at the HIN on the DIAD and be able to go directly to that shelf and find the package without looking. This is not the case 98.7% of the time. Other drivers can show you how it's done but we all do it our own way, some are just better at it than others.

Like Clock said, do what you need for the next two days and make book, then settle in and enjoy the ride. You'll get it in due time.

I very rarely sort the car during the day.

Over 70

Upstate Ny, where everyone punches out by 5, loaders load cars stop for stop, employees and management embrace arms and sing kumbaya at the pcm.