Day After Christmas

we're having a 10 am start today which is stupid. they posted a sign, (their most effective means of communications) to call in @ 8am to see if the start time has changed. I'm gonna call @ 7:30 to tell em to let a more junior driver take my spot. We'll see if it works.

retired2000

always saved a week of vacation for after christmas. why work and do 3 routes and piss the customers off by making p/u"s at noon. besides i would always get the extra days off. loved it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
always saved a week of vacation for after christmas. why work and do 3 routes and piss the customers off by making p/u"s at noon. besides i would always get the extra days off. loved it.

retired2000,
You had the best plan, seniority is a great thing. I asked my center manager Monday if I was needed, I do EAMs first, then my regular route, so he told me to come in. I went in, hardly any EAMs, pulled EDD and had forty stops on my route and the one next to me. I asked off and came back home. This will be an easy day for people working, but this is usually the only day of the year I ask off with no pay. :happy2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Vacation not allowed this week because we worked Monday. Tried to get any day this week off. Denied all 3 days. Everyone saves their days owed and optionals.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Is there a guaranteed 8 hours today?

If they force you to come in and work then you are entitled to 8 hours work if you want it. Luckily I got the day off today since others wanted to work in my center. I would hate having to make the 60 mile roundtrip drive into work for only 3 or 4 hours. Hardly worth the gas it takes in my p/u truck.

outta hours

I took off today as well. When I called them to ask about it I asked about being off tomorrow and Friday. My center manager said sure see you in a couple of weeks since I am on vacation next week. I said cool c-ya. It's cold and rainy outside but dry and warm inside.:wink2:

satellitedriver

My sup called me just before I was leaving for work and asked if I wanted the day off.
You can guess my answer.
It's cold and raining.
I made enough OT during peak, maybe I'll get the next two days off.

FromBluetoBrown

If they force you to come in and work then you are entitled to 8 hours work if you want it. Luckily I got the day off today since others wanted to work in my center. I would hate having to make the 60 mile roundtrip drive into work for only 3 or 4 hours. Hardly worth the gas it takes in my p/u truck.

I made the 40 mile trip at 3am to get up there only to find the doors locked and the lights off. Called my friend who is a PT sup, she called one of the management he told her to tell me that I wasn't needed so I went home. Would have been nice if someone let me know before I wasted time and gas.

LKLND3380

I made the 40 mile trip at 3am to get up there only to find the doors locked and the lights off. Called my friend who is a PT sup, she called one of the management he told her to tell me that I wasn't needed so I went home. Would have been nice if someone let me know before I wasted time and gas.

Did you report to work as directed?
They DID NOT call you to say you were not needed?

YOU ARE NOW ENTITLED TO BE PAID FOR 3.5 HOURS
Go talk to your shop steward...

bad company

semi-pro
retired2000,
You had the best plan, seniority is a great thing. I asked my center manager Monday if I was needed, I do EAMs first, then my regular route, so he told me to come in. I went in, hardly any EAMs, pulled EDD and had forty stops on my route and the one next to me. I asked off and came back home. This will be an easy day for people working, but this is usually the only day of the year I ask off with no pay. :happy2:

Hope you're enjoying your day off! I had to do safety committee work, run some air, make oddball p/us for companies who wanted to close early, and am now in the midst of a 5 hour lunch break before I make p/us from my own route and call it a day. Oh the pains of being a rookie with barely any seniority :knockedout:

Ms.PacMan

Same day here Bad Company (I have 13 yrs seniority which is still a puppy in my center).

Started at 9am, 5 NDA, 46 stops and 3.5 hrs lunch til I start my 8 pick-ups. I'd rather have the day off but it's easy $. :whistling

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hope you're enjoying your day off! I had to do safety committee work, run some air, make oddball p/us for companies who wanted to close early, and am now in the midst of a 5 hour lunch break before I make p/us from my own route and call it a day. Oh the pains of being a rookie with barely any seniority :knockedout:

Must be nice to live on your area. Did you make my four pickups?:raspberry-tounge: